What's new

Do you wash your face twice a day?

How many people wash there face in the morning and evening prior to bedtime. I'm sure most will have a different routine during winter/summer months. I'm just curious and any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This depends on when I work out.

1) If I work out in the morning, I will wash the face once.
2) If I work out in the evening, I will wash my face twice (because I always shower in the morning)

Note: When shaving, I don't wash my bearded area before (the pre-shave prep) or after the shave (in the shower). Making the change to this has dramatically improved my shaves.

Twice a day.

I've been using this apricot scrub that's just amazing. Probably once or twice a week with it. My face feels so good afterwards.

I started doing this after someone here suggested it. :biggrin:

Yeah. Twice a day. Occasionally three times in the summer, because my face has a tendency to oiliness.

-Mo

I guess it would help to include myself..LOL

Once in the morning and once in the evening.

On a side note I highly recommend Savon De Marseill Palm Oil soap. This stuff is amazing doesn't leave the skin tight, itchy, or dry. I actully use this on my face, body and hair.

Believe it or not, I haven't washed my face in any way, shape, or form in a number of years. My routine is to simply rinse my face in tap water, with the water as hot as I can comfortably tolerate. The reason is that the skin on my face tends to be somewhat dry, especially at this time of year. My shaving results and the condition of my face are better when I don't strip whatever oil there is from my face. Of course, I use shaving cream, or shaving soap on occasion, when shaving and some sort of alcohol-free (or low alcohol in the summer) after shave balm or lotion. Among other things, this routine, when followed 5 or 6 times a week, eliminates the need for any specialized face moisturizer.

nelson

once a day works best for me...twice seems to make my skin redder and more likely to breakout. I'll use a nightcreme before bed if I feel I need it.

Suppose I wash my face during my evening shower.
Then I shave in the morning if you consider that valid.

But I rinse my face at least four times daily with hot tap water, usually six or eight times daily in the summer. My skin is naturally oily, especially after eating, and if I don't keep it rinsed I'm liable to blemish - though I've been told that this is not typical. :confused1

If I'm working out, it's very frequent. If not it's about 2 out of every 3 days or every other day. I find it I even do it as frequently as once a day it dries me out terribly and my skin actually looks and feels worse. But if I'm working out, I have to wash it or things are awful.

I have a tendancy to touch my nose and rub my face a lot, so I have to wash my face 2 or three times a day, though I use a gentle cleanser and apply a light moisturiser to stop it drying it out in winter time after each cleanse.

Being half-Lebanese, my facial skin is very oily year-round. I wash my face morning and night and mid-day if I've gone to the gym. A few weeks ago I switched over to Cetaphil as I've come to realize through this forum that less so often is more. My complexion has definately seen an improvement as a result of this, however I feel that there's still a little room for improvement. Would anyone recommend using that french green clay once a week? I've been toying with the idea for a while now, but haven't had the disposable income to place an order yet.

in the shower i wash the t-zone, night wash the entire face..

if i shower in the evening/afternoon though i just wash my face once.

I don't have especially oily or dry skin but I usually wash 3x/day on days I hit the gym (4-6x/wk)...2x/day otherwise. I use the Zirh system where a pretty aggressive cleaner is followed by a couple of moisturizers and protectants without which I would probably dry up and blow away. Works very well for me, though, my skin has never been clearer or more healthy looking. I also use their green clay about 1 or 2x/wk although I am really not sure that I can tell if it is making a difference.

This depends on when I work out.

1) If I work out in the morning, I will wash the face once.
2) If I work out in the evening, I will wash my face twice (because I always shower in the morning)

Note: When shaving, I don't wash my bearded area before (the pre-shave prep) or after the shave (in the shower). Making the change to this has dramatically improved my shaves.

1) Ditto
2) Ditto

Note : super ditto

Top Bottom