What's new

Grand Opening of the Ivory Club!

Come and join in the discussion of the world's finest aftershave for the um... thrifty gentleman. Ivory Club Por Homme! (Family Dollar Spice Aftershave).

If it's in your rotation, or if you're just curious about what all the hub-bub is, join the club! Oh what discussions we'll have concerning spicy aftershaves.

Click Here to view the Ivory Club

:mad3: <-Before Ivory Club
:w00t: <-After Ivory Club

Last edited:
Well, I'm pretty sure I made it an open group. Is there a "join group" link on the right-hand side of the blue bar that says SOCIAL GROUP right above the Ivory Club listing?

can we include other "flavors" by Vi-jon, Ivy, etc.. like "Brisk" or "Musk" or "Classic" (Brut scent). ?

I love me some Vi-jon Flag & Sail Brisk.

Don't have a Family Dollar within reasonable distance. Are the Vi-Jonn products available through other reatilers as well?

can we include other "flavors" by Vi-jon, Ivy, etc.. like "Brisk" or "Musk" or "Classic" (Brut scent). ?

I love me some Vi-jon Flag & Sail Brisk.

The Ivory Club is dedicated to all the lovely Vi-Jonn products! It's our own special sub-forum that we can discuss all the different "that's so cheap it scared me" tonics and tinctures. :biggrin:

The Ivory Club is dedicated to all the lovely Vi-Jonn products! It's our own special sub-forum that we can discuss all the different "that's so cheap it scared me" tonics and tinctures. :biggrin:

Rob, I must've had a dream about asking you to write up a little bitty essay about Vi-Jon... as in what you know about them, etc... what private labels they're responsible for, quality and "equality" of each and every clone they make.... how to know what bottle shape or name equates to which name brand... you're the man so how's 'bout it?

Rob, I must've had a dream about asking you to write up a little bitty essay about Vi-Jon... as in what you know about them, etc... what private labels they're responsible for, quality and "equality" of each and every clone they make.... how to know what bottle shape or name equates to which name brand... you're the man so how's 'bout it?

Well, for starters, here's my review of it. That touched on some of the different designs. And here's a review I did at another site of the Flag and Sail Classic that Mason up there is so fond of. :biggrin:

Well, for starters, here's my review of it. That touched on some of the different designs. And here's a review I did at another site of the Flag and Sail Classic that Mason up there is so fond of. :biggrin:

Actually.. not quite. The "Flag & Sail Brisk" that I have is actually a brand sold at a local chain called Discount Drug Mart and it's a straight-up Skin Bracer clone (similar to the Barbasol Brisk) and it comes in a bottle that is shaped just like the current Skin Bracer plastic bottles.

Now, the Family Dollar down the street has a bottle something green that I assumed was a straight up Brut clone, since it is in the taller Brut type bottle. If it's the same formulation you speak of in your Shave Den review, I might have to check it out. What the hell I'll pick some up next time I'm over there..

Actually.. not quite. The "Flag & Sail Brisk" that I have is actually a brand sold at a local chain called Discount Drug Mart and it's a straight-up Skin Bracer clone (similar to the Barbasol Brisk) and it comes in a bottle that is shaped just like the current Skin Bracer plastic bottles.

Now, the Family Dollar down the street has a bottle something green that I assumed was a straight up Brut clone, since it is in the taller Brut type bottle. If it's the same formulation you speak of in your Shave Den review, I might have to check it out. What the hell I'll pick some up next time I'm over there..

You're still getting the Flag and Sail Brisk? I haven't seen that in a while! The Brisk and the Musk were what Dollar General used to carry before going to the Barbasol versions. I thought this whole time you were ruminating about the Classic.

So for the sake of getting this on record, the lineup at Dollar General used to be Flag and Sail Classic (the Brut clone), Flag and Sail Brisk (Skin Bracer clone), Flag and Sail Musk (Jovan clone that was in the same smaller bottle as the Brisk), and Flag and Sail Sport or Fresh (I saw it labeled as both) which is what we all call Ivory Club. I believe they also carried the generic Aqua Velva (NOT a Vi-Jonn product BTW) at one point.

About three years ago they dropped the Old Spice clone as well as the Musk and Brisk when they got the Barbasol stuff in. They still carry the Brut clone.

"Discount Drug Mart" (only in Ohio as far as I know) currently carries Flag & Sail Brisk and Spice. I have seen the Musk too but not at every store. They also seem to randomly carry the Barbasol aftershaves.

Dollar General switched to Barbasol brands.

I'll have to see what exactly the Family Dollars in my area are carrying now besides the "Classic" - I think they have a "Spice" too.

Just picked up some Ivory Club from Family Dollar to see what all the hullabaloo is about. A buck sixty is hard to beat. :biggrin:

Top Bottom