What's new

And so it Begins...

After three weeks of valiantly resisting the siren song of Mistress RAD, I succumbed to her call and in the span of forty five minutes purchased three razors today.

I ordered a birth year 1959 Gillette Super Speed and two Feather Portables just because the box looked cool and shipping was cheap.

I could feel it happening... progressively rapid heart beat... quick, shallow breathing... a cloudy fog over my eyes... sweat from my palms drenching my mouse pad... spittle cascading over my lower lip and down my chin...

I loved it!!

Does this mean I'm losing my noob status?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
After three weeks of valiantly resisting the siren song of Mistress RAD, I succumbed to her call and in the span of forty five minutes purchased three razors today.

I ordered a birth year 1959 Gillette Super Speed and two Feather Portables just because the box looked cool and shipping was cheap.

I could feel it happening... progressively rapid heart beat... quick, shallow breathing... a cloudy fog over my eyes... sweat from my palms drenching my mouse pad... spittle cascading over my lower lip and down my chin...

I loved it!!

Does this mean I'm losing my noob status?

I think RAD is transmitted through the web.
I didn't want to buy a bunch of razors till I started hanging out here.

Welcome to our nightmare Harry. The only nightmare that you want to have again and again. :thumbup1:

I know what you mean. I'm shaving everything in sight! I cant grow whiskers fast enough! I'm chasing the wife around the house! The kids are all bald now! The dog is cowering behind the couch! This fuzzy teddy bear is now smooth as a bedsheet! Ooh! Gotta go! I think I just saw a furry little mouse run by. :tongue_sm

Yup, this is a "side effect" of being a Badger & Blade member. I hope your pockets are deep.

I was buying a bunch of razors before I was even a member here. Anything worth doing is worth doing it right. I don't have RAD. I just know what I want and buy it. But I apply this to anything in my life. If I want to live in the Czech Republic for a year or buy a bottle of Scotch, I do it with no regrets. :tongue_sm

Just returned from a weekend of golf and antiquing in the Texas hill country (I can't believe I just typed that). Golf was good, but the drought has just about ruined my favorites in the area. Most courses are just watering the greens and letting the fairways and tee boxes go. It's sad.

I bought five DE razors and four straights from the antique stores in Boerne and Gruene. You guys would be proud of me because I really negotiated hard. I told each vendor that I refused to pay less than top dollar and they all caved in to my demands. I was insurmountable.

Anyways, as soon as I can figure out my camera I will post pics. There's a couple of DE's I can't identify with certainty and I would like opinions on whether or not the straights are worth the effort (and cost) to refurbish.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I know what you mean. I'm shaving everything in sight! I cant grow whiskers fast enough! I'm chasing the wife around the house! The kids are all bald now! The dog is cowering behind the couch! This fuzzy teddy bear is now smooth as a bedsheet! Ooh! Gotta go! I think I just saw a furry little mouse run by. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom