What's new

Compliments? Dates?

So everyone here has, at one point or another, gushed about how good the shaves are: how comfortable, how smooth, how fragrant, etc...

But, other than the occasional grumbling of SWMBO about the apparent cost of our hobby, I don't see many mentions of how the targets of our affections seem to think about our shaves. This post, then, shall hereafter serve as a repository for tales of how folks got a little extra attention from their significant other, or maybe that first bit of special attention from a significant-other-to-be...

So tell on...how much do those smooth, aromatic shaves add to your love life?

And don't spare the details where appropriate!!

Joe

Dude! What do you thing this is? Penthouse Forum or something? :biggrin:

Well I was at this party that had nothing but stewardesses who were all on layovers.....:rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't think any woman (including The Girlfriend) has noticed the quality of my shaves. I have had women comment the my stubble is sexy, when I don't shave on weekends, though... :rolleyes:

Recently, a friend and I were out to dinner(we are the same exact age) and after ordering, the waitress(who is young enough to be my daughter) carded me- my friend immediately said that he would have to start shaving like I do.

Btw, the waitress did try to pick me up.....

Marty

".....You know.
This kinda thing never happens to me, but......"

===================================

Wifey enjoys the BBS, sometimes.
However, she tells me my goatee also makes her happy. :wink:
Smelling good is ALWAYS on the menu !!

Actually, one former lady of mine got me started on this whole thing ... best gift I ever got: a badger brush, good cream.

When the scent of the cream (AOS Sandalwood) lingered it was a very good thing :biggrin:

This particular ex liked to see me lathering up and then shaving. I can see how there is a manly aesthetic to the ritual: t-shirt soap, steel. She asked to and tried to give me a barber like shave once ... took a lot of the fun out of it -- it's a personal/private ritual. I don't suggest you do this, although YMMV.

This particular one was a southern debutante and I think it appealed to her more formal sentiments. Can't think of another who really liked it one way or another, but it certainly does appeal to some.

hhhmmmmm. my ex is trying to get back together with me again.... I told him not unless he grows his beard or goatee back..... :rolleyes: I feel like a heratic, but there is something about facial hair that drives me silly.. I love to feel a man's beard.... on the other hand.. I remember his neck being all spotty when he shaved it. I guess I am going to have to teach him to shave his neck and cheeks... what an odd thought!

I love a well groomed beard and think it is incredibly sexy. The difference between the beard and the shaved areas is so cool to feel on your fingers, to me anyway..... verrrrry sexy.... something about the manly beard and care taken to shave well, both at the same time.... mmmmmmm ;-)

Also see this post

relevant portion(s): "And I like intelligent men. I seem to have come to the right place!"
"to soak up a little of what you well-cared for guys give off: an appreciation for the small details that make big differences."

-- So I do think this is an appealing habit to the fairer sex.

Also see this post

relevant portion(s): "And I like intelligent men. I seem to have come to the right place!"
"to soak up a little of what you well-cared for guys give off: an appreciation for the small details that make big differences."

-- So I do think this is an appealing habit to the fairer sex.

That was my post ;)

Something you guys (yes, this is a very general statement but indulge me...) have that is very appealing is your passion for technique, tools, and your search for this shaving nirvana. Whether its shaving or writing or cooking, that passion is sexy and charming. It lets me know the guy is a thinking being with appreciation of details. It shows a certain type of character that is, to me, what "being a man" is about. Maybe the fact that my own father was a DE shaving, pipe-smoking, model-car making, tweed-elbow-patched-jacket-wearing intellectual. Btw, it's not the habits per se that are attractive to the fairer sex, it's the sense of style that leads to taking on those habits.

:thumbup1:

hhhmmmmm. my ex is trying to get back together with me again.... I told him not unless he grows his beard or goatee back..... :rolleyes:

You're single to mingle? I had no idea. If I'd have known a few months back I'd have left Hollywood and headed back east to sweep you off your feet, er something like that.

BTW I've tried to reconnect with an ex-girlfriend and it didn't work too well at all. We just slid back into the same old ways, which weren't very good. :eek:

Whatever happens for you I hope it works out for the best. :biggrin:

The board vets are probably tired of hearing this story, but it was SWMBO who got me started down this road in the first place. :blush: She adores the feeling of my freshly shaven face. Back when I was using an electric razor (*gasp!*) she saw a show on TV about Las Vegas and all the stuff to do there besides gambling; during the show they had a quick shot of Art Of Shaving and their traditional shave. On our next wedding anniversary we went out to Vegas and she treated me to an AOS shave as a present. The results were so astonishing (to both of us!) that we were both hooked. She encouraged me (and still encourages me!) to get all set up with anything I wanted: cost was not an issue (she says "hey, you could be spending that money on a lot worse things!"). :001_wub:

--Mark

You're single to mingle? I had no idea. If I'd have known a few months back I'd have left Hollywood and headed back east to sweep you off your feet, er something like that.

BTW I've tried to reconnect with an ex-girlfriend and it didn't work too well at all. We just slid back into the same old ways, which weren't very good. :eek:

Whatever happens for you I hope it works out for the best. :biggrin:

Hey..
slow down there BigBoy.
I thought you were trying to cozy up to Chirimoya ??

PLAYA !! :001_tt1:

That was my post ;)

Something you guys (yes, this is a very general statement but indulge me...) have that is very appealing is your passion for technique, tools, and your search for this shaving nirvana. Whether its shaving or writing or cooking, that passion is sexy and charming. It lets me know the guy is a thinking being with appreciation of details. It shows a certain type of character that is, to me, what "being a man" is about. Maybe the fact that my own father was a DE shaving, pipe-smoking, model-car making, tweed-elbow-patched-jacket-wearing intellectual. Btw, it's not the habits per se that are attractive to the fairer sex, it's the sense of style that leads to taking on those habits.

:thumbup1:

Umm, Chirimoya, is that a naked woman in your avatar? :eek:

My girlfriend seem pretty happy with my interest in wet shaving. Before this I would only shave every few days (I'm Italian so that means lots of stubble) as I hated shaving. I would also get pretty dry skin and bumps every time I shaved. Now I shave everyday and have a very smooth face. She has mentioned a couple of time that she is happy I found all of this.

Top Bottom