What's new

How I got rid of razor irritation on my neck.

I use a straight and I have found that if I pull my skin taught as been instructed - so that the skin that was under my neck is more on my my cheek area and then observe the angle of the lather that is left, when I let go of me skin this gives me a better idea of the growth pattern on my neck. Ive done this for the pass few days and have had great success in clearing my neck of 99% of irritation. The 1% is what I see, as others cant see it in the least bit, Im kinda critical and expect the best. When changing to other mirrors it looks 100% irritation free.

This means that I wont come straight down on my neck area but more at an angle with the blade but im not refering to the approximate 30 deg angle to hold the blade, im talkin about kinda rotating the blade to angle at my neck. I tilt the blade to shave the lather in the direction of were my skin is clean (lather less) and lather exist. I hope this makes since and others may be able to break it down better. In this understaning my shaves have improved with creams, soaps, and shave oils.

It seems that you've charted your beard growth correctly. This is something many new wetshavers struggle with, and I go so far as to say grow your beard out for a few days to see which direction it grows in, especially on the neck. My neck hair personally grows in about eight different patterns, so it's very hard to do just a one pass or two pass and look presentable.

Top Bottom