What's new

Best Injector Blades?

These are the blades I use. Chinese made, Schick branded blades. They are really good blades and you can easily get 5 or 6 shaves out of them, maybe even more.

I've never tried the scientific ones mentioned. It's hard to imagine they could be better than these Schick-branded blades from China.

But they can be a lot less expensive.

The Schick injector blades from drugstore.com are German-made. The Chinese-made Schicks (Chicks) are available at greatrazors.com and hocks.com.

Had to kill a few minutes at the CVS this afternoon waiting for a prescription.

They have CVS store brand injector cartridges of 11 blades for $4.99, which is quite reasonable for brick and mortar retail. For comparison's sake, they sell a 10 pack of Personna DE's for $5.99!

- Chris

The Schick injector blades from drugstore.com are German-made. The Chinese-made Schicks (Chicks) are available at greatrazors.com and hocks.com.

Oh. Well, in that case, the German-made Schick-branded blades are nice blades, and I've never tried the Chinese ones.

I have heard the CVS blades are not very good, but I have never tried them.

I can get the Personna ones locally very easily. I have had mostly great shaves with them. There was one pack that every blade was bad. That I believe is the exception rather then the rule, at least I hope so.

. . . the German-made Schick-branded blades are nice blades, and I've never tried the Chinese ones. . .

I've found the German blades to be rough, the Chicks smoother, and neither as sharp and smooth as the NOS American Plus Platinums. Someday I'll try the Pella's as a comparison.

Just as an FYI, on the drugstore.com ones, I know the description states "Made in Germany", but the last three batches I ordered from there were actually made in China, I don't know if it may be a temporary situation or if they have simply not updated the product description. YMMV of course :smile:

You're fortunate, then, since the last two orders I placed (the latest was two weeks ago), I received German blades. Maybe they're clearing stock, though I doubt they look that closely. I'll give them one more try one of these days.

Now I have to look to see whether the blades I got from drugstore.com are the German or the Chinese blades. They're nice blades.

I wish somebody could compare these blades with the scientific blades discussed earlier in this thread.

Thanks for starting the thread, Maestro9. The Injector blades I have now are pretty rough and I've been avoiding using them. I'll have to try some of these other options.

Top Bottom