What's new

So here I Am!

A newbie. Like a lot of others I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to register so I could answer some of the ads for razors.

And like a lot of others I also reached the point where I just got disgusted with using disposable razors that constantly clog up and cost entirely too much to boot. So I am returning to a consistent use of a double edge safety razor after about 30 years - and I could not be more ready or happier.

Interestingly, this all sort of came to a head for me when we decided to have our bathroom redone. Sitting in the back of my old and about to be demolished medicine chest was a shaving brush that my girlfriend (now my wife of 20 years) bought for me as a present. I used it for a while, loved it but somehow lost that precious time I needed in the morning to use it properly. Kids, life, work. I'm sure you've all felt the time getting away from you. But that brush - that simple brush - to this day remains my favorite birthday present from her.

So some time in early July, with my bathroom being rebuilt I got this notion in my head that it's really time that I start fresh including recapturing the time for myself. I started lurking here and noticed that many of you expressed the feeling that taking the time to shave properly was important and it just fit right in with where I was coming from. I watched, read, enjoyed the very positive vibes that many of you expressed to fellow members, and joined up.

And I am glad to say that as of a couple of nights ago I picked up my first DE from a fellow member (I would state his name if I knew that it was cool with him to do that) during a private sale. The email exchange with him was beyond first class and it just confirmed for me that this is a tremendous forum - one that I will be reading with great interest on a daily basis.

So in closing let me say thanks to everyone for contributing to my shift back from the Island of Disposable Razors!

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
We are truly glad you are here. There's a lot of reasons people make the switch, Environment, Cost and the reason you, I and others did.
It's a great feeling, and this is a great place to share your thoughts and ideas with the other folks here.
Welcome

Welcome to B&B, Danny, and thanks for sharing the story about your brush. Stay active, and definitely keep us posted on how you progress with that new razor!

Top Bottom