Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So here I Am!

Default So here I Am!

A newbie. Like a lot of others I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to register so I could answer some of the ads for razors.

And like a lot of others I also reached the point where I just got disgusted with using disposable razors that constantly clog up and cost entirely too much to boot. So I am returning to a consistent use of a double edge safety razor after about 30 years - and I could not be more ready or happier.

Interestingly, this all sort of came to a head for me when we decided to have our bathroom redone. Sitting in the back of my old and about to be demolished medicine chest was a shaving brush that my girlfriend (now my wife of 20 years) bought for me as a present. I used it for a while, loved it but somehow lost that precious time I needed in the morning to use it properly. Kids, life, work. I'm sure you've all felt the time getting away from you. But that brush - that simple brush - to this day remains my favorite birthday present from her.

So some time in early July, with my bathroom being rebuilt I got this notion in my head that it's really time that I start fresh including recapturing the time for myself. I started lurking here and noticed that many of you expressed the feeling that taking the time to shave properly was important and it just fit right in with where I was coming from. I watched, read, enjoyed the very positive vibes that many of you expressed to fellow members, and joined up.

And I am glad to say that as of a couple of nights ago I picked up my first DE from a fellow member (I would state his name if I knew that it was cool with him to do that) during a private sale. The email exchange with him was beyond first class and it just confirmed for me that this is a tremendous forum - one that I will be reading with great interest on a daily basis.

So in closing let me say thanks to everyone for contributing to my shift back from the Island of Disposable Razors!
    Last edited by dannyg; 08-22-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Welcome!

Enjoy spending your money!
    -Homer

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. - George Carlin

East of the Pecos, West of the Mississippi

Welcome to B&B.

If you incorporate a "shave den" into that new bathroom post some pictures!
    Bob
    Somebody's nuts. I don't know whether it's me or them, but somebody is definitely nuts. I just wished I knew, so I'd know, you know?

Welcome!
    The :tank:'d :shuriken:
    Battle-forged warior of [URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=54"]The Czardom of Chedddar[/URL]

A shave den! Not a bad idea!

We are truly glad you are here. There's a lot of reasons people make the switch, Environment, Cost and the reason you, I and others did.
    It's a great feeling, and this is a great place to share your thoughts and ideas with the other folks here.
    Welcome
    Phil
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Welcome to b&b
    -Matt-

Thanks all. I really appreciate it.

Welcome to B&B !!
    There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of those. - Casey Stengel

Images

Welcome to B&B, Danny, and thanks for sharing the story about your brush. Stay active, and definitely keep us posted on how you progress with that new razor!
    Chad

Welcome to B&B!

Welcome to B&B!!

Images

Welcome to B&B!
    Alan
    No electrons were harmed in the transmission of this message

Images

Welcome to B&B!
    Rocco

Welcome back to wetshaving and B&B

welcome and enjoy the site

Welcome to Badger & Blade!
    Matthew | QueenCharlotteSoaps.com - Handmade hand & body soap, shampoo bars, tallow shaving cream and soap, aftershave balm, and much more

Great story about that brush. Make sure it gets used!

Welcome to B&B. There's plenty more razors to buy where that first one came from!
    Whenever I go to shave, I assume there's someone else on the planet shaving, so I say, "I'm gonna go shave, too." -- Mitch Hedberg
    Woman begins by resisting a man's advances and ends by blocking his retreat. -- Oscar Wilde
    Conditioned to self-interest with emotions locked away/If that's what they call normal then I'd rather be insane -- Operation Ivy

Images

Welcome!
    -Rich-

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and II took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." Robert Frost

Welcome to B&B!

Don't be shy. Ask lots of questions because we LOVE to give lots of answers.

Enjoy!
    Neil

"You cannot be serious!" -- John McEnroe

B&B needs your support. Please click here to Contribute Now!

Peace.