What's new

Head-to-head Lime battle

I have spent a lot of time reading reviews individually for products, but I'm curious to hear opinions if there were to be a head-to-head Lime battle.

Truefitt & Hill West Indian Lime

Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime

Penhaligon's Extract of Limes (coming soon as part of the Anthology releases)

If we were to pit these against one another, which would come out on top and thus should be my next purchase???

Don't forget Castle Forbes Lime Cologne and Trumper's Lime Cologne
The Trumper's is very fresh limey. It smells like limes (actually, like rubbing alcohol in the bottle, but like limes when on the body)
The C&E smells a little strange to my nose. Can't quite describe it, but not what I like
The rest I haven't tried and would like to hear about

I'm also looking forward to the responses in this thread.

I've tried T&H West Indian Limes, and it was pleasant. Refreshing and a bit floral, if I remember correctly. Poor staying power, but that's how it goes with most citrus scents.

St. John's West Indian Lime should make it on the list as well. A really fantastic lime, IMO. I didn't even really care for lime scents until I got a whiff of the stuff. It's lime with some woods and spice thrown in. A classic! :thumbup1:

GFT is my favorite Limes scent. I have tried most and currently own both T&H and GFT Limes products. GFT wins hands down.

GFT is my favorite Limes scent. I have tried most and currently own both T&H and GFT Limes products. GFT wins hands down.

Haven't tried T&H, but GFT is one hundred percent Limey. Wish they made an ASB (aside from skin food) and that their limes SS smelled like the cologne

Haven't tried T&H, but GFT is one hundred percent Limey. Wish they made an ASB (aside from skin food) and that their limes SS smelled like the cologne

I love the skin food. Many say it's ok, some compare it to Corn Huskers lotion, but to me it is tops. I love the stuff. I like the smell of the soap. I describe it as a mix of the flower and the fruit. Good stuff all around!

St. John's Lime smells almost exactly like T&H, but its staying power is even weaker.

The Penhaligon's Anthology Extract of Limes, to my nose, is a superior scent. Sadly, it also goes away quickly, maybe even faster than T&H, but not as fast as St. John's.

I love the Penhaligon's, despite the frustration of having the smell dissipate so quickly.

I love the skin food. Many say it's ok, some compare it to Corn Huskers lotion, but to me it is tops. I love the stuff. I like the smell of the soap. I describe it as a mix of the flower and the fruit. Good stuff all around!

I love skin food too actually, but I wish they made a balm that I could try too. I can't get enough limes.
I like the smell of the soap too, but I wish they made a limier soap as well. I love anything lime scented really...

Truefitt & Hill West Indian Lime

Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime

Penhaligon's Extract of Limes (coming soon as part of the Anthology releases)

If we were to pit these against one another, which would come out on top and thus should be my next purchase???

I know which one come in last, from just about all mentioned here: the C&E.

Lasts for about 30 seconds. Too bad, as I was really hopeful when I first saw it in the store. One tester spray and a couple minutes later, I was no longer interested.

The only lime I've ever known to last long enough to get out of the bathroom and walk downstairs is Anglia Perfumery Imperial Lime - amazingly it lasts about 6 hours on me and has a very pleasant zesty lime scent.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Anglia, but I've never tried it.

There is another EDC, called Monsieur Balmain, that is a mostly citrus scent that lasts for a good 6-8 hours on me. It opens a lot more lemony than any of the lime EDCs in this thread. But it's a pretty nice juice. It's available at Colonial Drug.

Of the original three choices, Pen's Anthology.

Of the next posts two choices, the Floris.

Of the rest of the thread, the Crown/Anglia.

The only lime I've ever known to last long enough to get out of the bathroom and walk downstairs is Anglia Perfumery Imperial Lime - amazingly it lasts about 6 hours on me and has a very pleasant zesty lime scent.

Do you know where the Anglia lime can be purchased online?

Top Bottom