What's new

Finally figured out CF lather, BUT...

...I can't stand the way this stuff smells! :eek: Is that blasphemy or what? I really want to like this cream, but to me the lavender smells like turpentine and the lime like cleaning product. Now that's I've got the lather down, it really does give good shaves. I understand there is a Sandalwood cream as well? What are the opinions on this one? If it's as overdone as the other two, I'll pass, but if it's well-regarded, I'll seek some out. Thanks all.

I got the Sandalwood/Cedarwood for my wife. First impression was that it smelled like a lumberyard. I've smelled a few other woodsy smells but this is the first that actually smells like wood. First time I used it I was a little put off. Now though, I love this stuff. Great lather and the smell is definitely grown on me.

All the CF creams have strong scents, including the Cedar/Sandalwood. They put a good amount of Essential Oil in each one.

I mess around with EOs quite a bit, and the way CF creams and asb smell are (to my nose at least) very close to the pure EO scents.

So, where did you pick up that turpentine and cleaning product that smell like CF! Gotta get me some of that! :biggrin:

All the CF creams have strong scents, including the Cedar/Sandalwood. They put a good amount of Essential Oil in each one.

I mess around with EOs quite a bit, and the way CF creams and asb smell are (to my nose at least) very close to the pure EO scents.

So, where did you pick up that turpentine and cleaning product that smell like CF! Gotta get me some of that! :biggrin:

I would agree, it seems they don't blend the EOs but just dump them right in. :001_tongu I can't place my finger on which cleaning product the lime reminds me off, but lavender will often smell like turpentine if you get a big whiff of it. Find someone who has a nice bunch in their garden and see for yourself! :biggrin:

I got the Sandalwood/Cedarwood for my wife. First impression was that it smelled like a lumberyard. I've smelled a few other woodsy smells but this is the first that actually smells like wood. First time I used it I was a little put off. Now though, I love this stuff. Great lather and the smell is definitely grown on me.

Hmm. So long as it smells like nice cured lumber and not green or treated wood, it might be worth a try.

I've tried all their shaving products, both creams and balms. The performance is great but I've not been impressed with their scents, except the 1445 balm. I would not buy them again. Great performance but for the price I'd REALLY have to like the scent and these just don't do it for me.

i would not buy the lime again but I do really like the lavender. I really don't know what lavender is supposed to smell like as every lavender soap or cream I have tried had a different scent but I do like the scent from CF. The sandlewood/cedarwood sample I had convinced me to never spend the money for that one.

I've been a staunch soap user (mostly tallow) almost from day one. The CF cream, however, is so good, IMO, that it is forcing me to rethink everything (I bought the lime, but I've tried the lavender as well).

I think they smell fantastic and perform even better. Used with a Shavemac silvertip, I get the ultimate in luxuriant lather. What a shave!!

Of course, if you don't want them anymore, I'll take them off your hands.

:biggrin:

Thanks.

To me the lime is reminiscent of shoe polish. Perhaps this is what you are thinking of?

(Anybody besides me still polish shoes the old fashioned way? If you do, you should know what I'm talking about.)

To be fair to Castle Forbes, I smelled some lime EO at a health-food store and it smells exactly like CF Lime. I just don't think lime EO really smells that much like a lime, and I also don't think lime EO has a very pleasant smell. Trumper's Limes SC and T&H WIL both smell WAY better than CF, to my nose, because they smell more like a lime EDC, and not so much like shoe polish.:lol:

Top Bottom