What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

So after reading here about the wood magnetic knife holders I started looking at them on Amazon. I don't like our block under the cabinet because I have to slide it out to remove the knives so this seemed like a great idea.

The first one I got was this one Bamboo but I returned it before I put it up because I didn't like the hold on the bar as a whole....strong in some spots but weaker in others. Then I found this one in Walnut and it is perfect...I like the darker color to go with our cabinets and the hold is great from end to end. I didn't want to drill into the tile so I found some Scotch "Extreme" double sided tape and it worked great, I mean that thing doesn't budge...super strong hold.

View attachment 658815

Left handed Juan? Only curious because i face all mine the other way.

dave

Actually no Dave...right handed here.....don't know why I hung them that way, just seemed like the way to go.

I can't remember why or explain why mine are hung opposite to yours but seeing yours did get me thinking, next time i reach for a knife we'll see if the wheels start turning.
Thanks!
dave

Actually no Dave...right handed here.....don't know why I hung them that way, just seemed like the way to go.

I figured out why mine face the left! I always set up the cutting board well to the right of the wall mount knife magnet, reach for a knife with my right hand and the tool and hand are aligned perfectly ready to get down to work.

I'll sleep tonight.
dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I always fail at reading my wife's mind too, or so i'm told. I'll need to look elsewhere to earn a little money on the side, detective i'm not!

dave
Apparently, "Do whatever you want" doesn't mean what I thought it meant.

Apparently, "Do whatever you want" doesn't mean what I thought it meant.

I had a boss/business owner like that, ask her how she'd like something done, and she'd say "Do what you think is best" so you did. Upon inspection her response would be, "oh that's not what I had in mind". We didn't see eye to eye on much of anything. You could watch employee morale deflate on the days she would put in an appearance.

dave

I had a boss/business owner like that, ask her how she'd like something done, and she'd say "Do what you think is best" so you did. Upon inspection her response would be, "oh that's not what I had in mind". We didn't see eye to eye on much of anything. You could watch employee morale deflate on the days she would put in an appearance.

dave
I had one a bit different - You can do what you think best, you are the technical experts after all, but I would do it this way....

I've very excited to have this one in my collection. A quick flip through and almost everything is my style and taste.

proxy.php

Locally made hot sauce, placed second in their division at the 2016 World Hot Sauce, BBQ & Extreme Foods Awards. Not sure whether that's significant or whether everyone gets an award for entering...

In any case, very tasty, a mild Jalapeno/garlic sauce, wax sealed and stamped bottle. The mildest of the sauces they make. Dawson's Garlic Jalapeno.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

dave

Scored an AKorn Jr. from Char-griller. It is a small kamado-styled cooker with a 14" diameter cooking surface. Portable yet can smoke a butt, chicken or sear a few steaks. Pretty geeked about the little fella.

$IMG_20160613_200855266.jpg

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Scored an AKorn Jr. from Char-griller. It is a small kamado-styled cooker with a 14" diameter cooking surface. Portable yet can smoke a butt, chicken or sear a few steaks. Pretty geeked about the little fella.

View attachment 665846

Keep us updated. At about a third of the price of an 18" egg or kamado joe, they seem to get pretty good reviews.

Keep us updated. At about a third of the price of an 18" egg or kamado joe, they seem to get pretty good reviews.
The Junior runs about $170 USD, shipped. I have had its big brother for a few years. Love it. Use it as much as my Joe. This little guy will be for camping and small cooks.

Top Bottom