What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
....or hotdog stand.

....I like mustard on my hot dogs.

Oh silly me I know what it is. It's your new grill.

$c0b2949949baffc85bdc7f2394791ee3.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
$10156473.jpg

Well, my planned purchase of a BBQ offset smoker fell through. It was supposed to be delivered today. The driver from the freight company called me and said he would not deliver the pit due to it being so badly damaged.....argh!!!!! He is a 3rd party freight company that does home deliveries once they arrive at the local warehouse. So the damage apparently happened while sitting in the main warehouse. I bet a drunk guy on a fork lift had something to do with it. Now I have to wait 7-10 days for it to be shipped back to the manufacturers warehouse for credit to apply back to my credit card. Once it's credited back I'll either reorder or dig a pit in the back yard.

$Picture028.jpg

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
BBQ pit bump, crash....argh!!!!

Man I feel your pain, your worst fears are realised.
Have you contacted them? I would tell them to correct it now and not wait till the rejected one returns to them.
I'm sure they will take extra steps top ensure it makes it to you in good order this time.

Now while you are waiting go smoke some ribs.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Man I feel your pain, your worst fears are realised.
Have you contacted them? I would tell them to correct it now and not wait till the rejected one returns to them.
I'm sure they will take extra steps top ensure it makes it to you in good order this time.

Now while you are waiting go smoke some ribs.

Once the pit is back in the hands of the store, which is Academy, they'll credit my credit card. In the meantime there is a small BBQ joint a few blocks from my house. It's really just a shack on wheels. I've heard their Que is really good....onward.

Top Bottom