What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
A big oval cast iron enamel pot.
A wok and I also found this wok cleaning brush. It was only $2 so picked it up.
Also a spatula for my cast iron pans.

$20140905_153735.jpg

$20140906_145250.jpg

Vacuum sealers are great, I've had one for about a year now and it's seen a LOT of use. How else am I going to age my smoked cheese? :thumbup:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Vacuum sealers are great, I've had one for about a year now and it's seen a LOT of use. How else am I going to age my smoked cheese? :thumbup:
I been thinking of getting a vacuum seal for a while now. I have eaten Vac packed meat that is two years old and its as good as freshly frozen.
If you are only freezing and using within a few months the difference in meat may be less noticeable.
Smoked cheese.. yum

Those look keen Chris.
Mans got to have the right tools to do the job. I should have got the wok a long time ago. They are dirt cheap, this one was on $40.
I found the wok & spatula in a place that supplies for the catering and hospitality industry. I'll be going back there for sure.

A couple of 8" Wagner Skillets from a fellow B&B friend who I work with!

I plan to play around with reconditioning them, sanding them, seasoning them, self clean oven etc.

The R one is seasoned quite well already. The L one was a metallic color but rough texture, so I've already started the playing....sanding.

Gotta love free!

$uploadfromtaptalk1410212806905.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1410212815524.jpg

Chop Rite #22 meat grinder, made in USA. I ground up this chuck roll in about 10 mins

Attachments

• $193.jpg
    $193.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 155
  • $191.jpg
    $191.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 155
  • $187.jpg
    $187.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Oooo, a meat grinder would be fun. Very nice pick up.

My FoodSaver came in today, it's awesome. I sealed up a couple freshly made Patty Melt burgers that we had made extra tonight....then grabbed some cheese some espresso beans, some coffee beans and whatever else I could find.

Picked up a 12" all clad skillet with lid earlier this month. I've used it a couple of times so far and really like it.
$61ZMB2dbOtL._SL1500_.jpg

in fact, I cooked pork chops, potatoes and green peppers with rosemary in it last night...delish

$bYtldoS45Mvfi.gif

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
No breakfast is complete without a nice coffee, so got a Bialetti Venus 4 cup Stovetop Percolator. Stainless steel. That is 4 espresso cups, so enough for one standard coffee cup and milk for me.
Now the Mrs hardly ever drinks coffee but when I told her that it was only enough for me, she was not happy.
Enter a cheap 9 cup Avanti aluminium Stovetop espresso. Calm has been restored.......

$20140913_102113.jpg

I was at Cabella's killing some time with one of our kids, walking around the cooking area. He had his eye on some Electric Smokers with front window panels, but then we hit the meat grinders.

We got to talking about them, I started looking for a vintage manual one (as was posted up a few posts) and came home to tell my Wife I wouldn't mind one...her response "We have one for the Kitchenaid". :w00t:

It came in a pack with the Pasta Maker attachment, which we use regularly, but the Meat Grinder is still sitting, NIB unused....not for long.

$kitchenaid-stand-mixer-food-grinder-attachment.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I have one for my Kenwood. It does a great job. You need to check the boxes as there may be other un used attachments. Enjoy.

I picked up a Sizzle Q at Sam's Club this weekend for $47 and some change. This seemed significantly cheaper than Little Griddle's website.

I used it for the first time tonight, and made bacon, hashbrowns, and eggs on the gasser. It turned out great, but I definitely don't need to be eating potatoes and eggs cooked in bacon fat too often!

Top Bottom