What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
full

That's what she said. :thumbup1:

full

Hiro Slicer after a day at the spa-

There's just something about the Hiromoto's tri-color look that's comforting and beckoning. That one is particularly beautiful. Performancewise, they're hard to beat, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Jim. . . all meat related? Something to pound out veal, something to inject some extra flavor into a turkey or brisket, a good size bucket to make corned beef? A beauty of a knife to slice some fine meat for a sandwich.

Mike

Jim. . . all meat related? Something to pound out veal, something to inject some extra flavor into a turkey or brisket, a good size bucket to make corned beef? A beauty of a knife to slice some fine meat for a sandwich.

Mike

Mike you could make pickels in the bucket, or make sauerkraut, right?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Mike you could make pickels in the bucket, or make sauerkraut, right?

I can't argue that pickles and sauerkraut are not fine things. With good cooking gear we can get up to all sorts of nonsense. . . . nice bucket like that. . . you can make your own mozzarella . . .

That's why we buy such things I guess . . . potential uses.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I burnt my tongue a couple of days ago. . . hot hot coffee. I made some chili . . . danged if I can't taste the spices very well. Hope this is temporary.

How many of you end up with as many sauces as I do???? I've got shelves in my fridge filled. . . .

British kinda stuff
Worcestershire sauce
HP sauce
Horse radish
Hot Mustard

Hot Sauce
Sriracha
Frank's
Chili oil
Tobasco
Thai red sauce

Indian
Curry paste . . a few kinds

Chinese
Black bean garlic
Oyster
Hoysin
Soy. . . dark, light,
Maggi

BBQ
Cattle boys . .
Canadian Club
Diana . . .various sauces and marinades

and and and . . . ketchup and hot ketchup . . . mayo . . . and Oh My God . . . even cheese whizz.

Mike

My fiance and I have started receiving some wedding presents and a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer has been on the kitchen counter for the last couple weeks (in gray, it looks fantastic). :biggrin1:

We had been using hand mixers for everything for the last 2 years and I always remembered how nice my moms KitchenAid mixer was (she's had it 30+ years).

A couple batches of Chai Tea cupcakes later and I would say my fiance is getting the hang of it! :thumbup: We are excited to try making pizza dough with it soon as well as some bread!

Anyone have Gluten-Free bread recipes? We use the boxed mixes most of the time...

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
My fiance and I have started receiving some wedding presents and a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer has been on the kitchen counter for the last couple weeks (in gray, it looks fantastic). :biggrin1:

We had been using hand mixers for everything for the last 2 years and I always remembered how nice my moms KitchenAid mixer was (she's had it 30+ years).

A couple batches of Chai Tea cupcakes later and I would say my fiance is getting the hang of it! :thumbup: We are excited to try making pizza dough with it soon as well as some bread!

Anyone have Gluten-Free bread recipes? We use the boxed mixes most of the time...

I don't have a gluten free recipe but be careful as getting a little dry with the dough can really test the durability of the mixer.

Not much, but I just found this thread and came home to this so figured I might as well toss it up here.

proxy.php

Best part was that I wasn't even expecting it. I sent one back under warranty about a month ago and kind of forgot about until now. It will have to do until I get a thermapen.

Steve you are really living up to your title!

Where did you source them?

Amazon: Experimental Kit Artistre - 600 grams. After doing a price comparison, and checking spice shops, this one seemed the best. It has a decent sampling of the odd stuff, and also includes some of the more common, but useful ingredients, like tapioca and gums, so it seems like a good beginner's kit. The spice stores have better prices, but few of the ingredients. So, I figured it was best to grab this simple kit to start with. Also got the largest one to allow for mistakes and play.

I haven't been able to find a good book. The dishes in Alinea are not for beginners. It's all about complicated, over the top, 10 ingredient, chemical sous vide preparations that are more about chefs competing in modern art than honest food. I was hoping to get some ideas out of it, but at first glance, it all seems out of reach. Will have to look online for ideas.

Top Bottom