What's new

Newbie Introduction

Just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.

My History:
Started using a brush about 10 years ago, but was still addicted to cartridges until this year. I followed the predictable path: Atra --> Sensor --> Mach 3 --> "are you f-ing kidding me??"

Tools:
1956 Gillette Superspeed and 1966 Gillette Adjustable Slim
Shark blades, or one of the usual suspects from a variety pack
Kent BK8 brush

Reasons I'm a convert:
1. Comfort -- I have really sensitive, dry, skin that flies into a rage with little provocation. I have seen an improvement since I switched from cartridges.
2. A better shave, period.
3. Green -- less packaging, less waste.
4. Economics -- Save money on blades, spend money on better products for the skin, and still come out ahead.
5. Living in the moment - What was once automatic is now conscious. What was once endured is now enjoyed.
6. Cool factor -- It just is.

So that's about it. As I said my big issue is my skin. I hope to learn of any tips or products from people here and share what I know.

I'm learning not to fear the second pass. Also I'm learning about what blades, soaps, aftershaves I like. But, as people with skin like mine know, there are just so many random factors that go into a facial freakout, that it's pretty illogical to say "Well it must have been that Dorco 300" after just one or two tries. It's a long process of trial and assessment.

Thanks for listening.

Just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.

My History:
Started using a brush about 10 years ago, but was still addicted to cartridges until this year. I followed the predictable path: Atra --> Sensor --> Mach 3 --> "are you f-ing kidding me??"

Welcome. I'm always happy to see a member with a great sense of humor!

First post and already a gaffe -- sorry for posting in the wrong place.

Mdunn, I clicked on your "my den" link and broke out in a cold sweat. Perhaps I was too hasty to list "economical" as a reason for converting to wet shaving.

It IS economical... until you buy your second brush... then your third. I mean, you NEED a Super Silvertip Dire-Badger brush, don't you? Ooh, and that vintage 1903 Gillette razor on E-Bay that someone is about to outbid you for. BEAT 100 BUCKS MISTER!

First post and already a gaffe -- sorry for posting in the wrong place.

Mdunn, I clicked on your "my den" link and broke out in a cold sweat. Perhaps I was too hasty to list "economical" as a reason for converting to wet shaving.

"Economical" was also my thinking when I started out. However I was quick to admit that, it is difficult to resist he AD virus, as you can see here on B&B.

Anyhow, welcome aboard!
Jeff

Top Bottom