What's new

Searching for a good balm or cream with a nice scent

Balms are without alcohol, hence they often are odorless. My question is: you know a good cream or balm which also has a nice (masculine) odor? I want to use it on my whole face, not only beard. This is because I have dry skin. Proraso balm has no scent, am not looking for that.

Last edited:
Saint Charles Shave and The Shave Den make a number of scented balms and milks. Castle Forbes also makes Lime and Lavender balms. But you might be better off buying a facial moisturizer. The balms I've tried tend to seal the skin and if you feel dry and reapply, they feel tacky. Moisturizers will absorb into your skin better.

+1 on the SCS. Although I've not used their balms....the A/S Milk I have is simply fantastic and i'm sure their balms are top quality.

Also check out AoS. Balms are a bit pricey but have the EO in them.

I have used Hans F Hansen in the past and found that their after shave lotion smells great and can be used for the entire face (non-greasy which is a major plus!).

Another vote for any of the SCS AS products. Even the alcohol based ones are very soothing and non-drying. The AS milks are greatly moisturizing, smell fantastic, and if you happen to get a bad shave, they soothe quite nicely. All you need is a couple of drops too...that stuff goes a long way.

Also, Musgo Real shave balm...manly and classic, and feels awesome. I really REALLY love that Musgo scent.

Top Bottom