What's new

Am I a shave geek? Or am I just cooler than everyone else I know?

As I stated in a previous post, I picked up some Aqua Velva based on all the great reviews on it here. I had it sitting on the counter in the bathroom and my wife said to me, "What's with the Aqua Velva? Isn't that stuff cheap?"

I said, "People in the know HIGHLY recommend it and you know what, they're right!"

She said, "There are people in the know about Aqua Velva???"

I said, "You don't know the half of it... there are people in the know about all things shaving. These guys can tell you the history of after shaves, what they think about different shave creams, they have videos of different shave techniques, they can talk about how great a particular razor is for days on end. If I ever have a question about a problem I'm having shaving, I post it and within minutes, someone has some great advice for me. It's actually really cool!"

She said, "Yeah, reeeeaal cool..." :rolleyes5

So that got me wondering. Am I officially a shave geek or am I just cooler than everyone else I know now?

You're the coolest shave geek of anyone you know, that's for sure...

My wife has the same reaction to all this nonsense though...she went through my obsessive geekery with other hobbies like vaccuum tube audio equipment, short wave radio, CD collecting, Tommy Bahama shirts, Puma shoes, soccer jerseys...

As I stated in a previous post, I picked up some Aqua Velva based on all the great reviews on it here. I had it sitting on the counter in the bathroom and my wife said to me, "What's with the Aqua Velva? Isn't that stuff cheap?"

I said, "People in the know HIGHLY recommend it and you know what, they're right!"

She said, "There are people in the know about Aqua Velva???"

I said, "You don't know the half of it... there are people in the know about all things shaving. These guys can tell you the history of after shaves, what they think about different shave creams, they have videos of different shave techniques, they can talk about how great a particular razor is for days on end. If I ever have a question about a problem I'm having shaving, I post it and within minutes, someone has some great advice for me. It's actually really cool!"

She said, "Yeah, reeeeaal cool..." :rolleyes5

So that got me wondering. Am I officially a shave geek or am I just cooler than everyone else I know now?

You're a member here, right? Ergo, shave geek. :tongue:

The Czardom has passed judgement, and the motion to ratify your geekery has been duly withnessed by the minimum three ministers. Welcom to the world of Shave Geekery...

The Czardom has passed judgement, and the motion to ratify your geekery has been duly withnessed by the minimum three ministers. Welcom to the world of Shave Geekery...

In order to be a *cool* shave geek, you have to make the requisite trip to Canada to smuggle back Green A.V. Just ask Lynchmeister.

Both.
[youtube]E5gNYVia2rg[/youtube]
yeah budday. thats you.

proxy.php

In order to be a *cool* shave geek, you have to make the requisite trip to Canada to smuggle back Green A.V. Just ask Lynchmeister.

Hmm, smuggling Green A.V. will make you cool you say? I could do that... :shifty:

Is there such a thing as a "cool geek." I thought the two terms were mutually exclusive.:wink2:

To the outside world yes, that is true. But, subjectively, among geeks, there are degrees of geekiness, and therefore of geek-coolness.

Precisely! There are degrees of geekiness. Therefore, under the right circumstances, a geek could appear cool to another geekier geek. Honestly, I though this was common knowledge amongst geeks. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
J

Jarmo P

Cool guys get a wierd look from the normal ones if telling about safety razors, badger brushes and soaps.

Top Bottom