What's new

Blade in injector

I just received my injector from Ebay today but it is very dirty to use. This post helped me out tremendously in cleaning the razor: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=322 , but my problem is there is a blade already in the razor. How can I clean that part? The only way to get rid of the blade is to load a new one which means that area will still be dirty. Can anyone help with this?

Once you push the cartridge pointed end into the slot, the grip loosens. You can bring the new blade half way, in that will push the old one enough, can be pulled out manually, and withdraw the new one back.

Dnt worry I got rid of it. By putting the skewer in like as described by SCotto, and then pushing the blade out.

Inserting the new blade into the bladeless razor may take a lttle fiddling, as the parts need to be spread slightly to allow the new blade to enter.
Gentle work with toothpicks or a small screwdriver should do the trick. Be especially careful not to have your finger or thumb near the safety bar as the new blade is injected as, obviously, you're working with very sharp stuff here.

- Chris

Thnx for the replies, the razor also came with two packs of vintage blades, are they safe to use?

Thnx for the replies, the razor also came with two packs of vintage blades, are they safe to use?

Whenever you're dealing with vintage blades remember that stainless blades should be just fine and are typically thought of as nicer than what you can buy today. The older carbon blades on the other hand are really prone to oxidation and were never very good to begin with. So: Stainless yes Carbon no.
Now, just how old are these blades of yours? Stainless typically say so on the package.

They actually dont say stainless steel. One says: Eversharp Shick Injector Blades with Krona Edge and the other: Eversharp Shick Custom Golden Swedish Steel. I dont know how to put up images so sorry.

They actually dont say stainless steel. One says: Eversharp Shick Injector Blades with Krona Edge and the other: Eversharp Shick Custom Golden Swedish Steel. I dont know how to put up images so sorry.

I bet they're carbon - someone with more knowledge will have to chime in.

Not to keen on using old blades in any razor as if you get nicked ;( just had today a gillette tech from e bay with 40 odd blades which i will keep but would never use.

Not to keen on using old blades in any razor as if you get nicked ;( just had today a gillette tech from e bay with 40 odd blades which i will keep but would never use.

Stainless blades which are wrapped, sealed or in a dispenser should be fine to use. You can see if they're rusty or otherwise cruddy before you shave with them.

About the only preservation that you'll see for a cartridge of injector blades is a film of oil on the blades themselves, since they're not individually wrapped and sealed.

- Chris

I vote for not using them. Eversharp and Krona are old brands that have not been produced in decades.

Just a quick update, I already thought these blades were garbage but I just had to try them. The shave was absolute garbage, so much so that I wanted to dispose of the razor. After my Personna blades came in the mail though, I soon changed my mind, absolutley brilliant smooth shave, better than any cartridge or DE. Would highly recommend Injectors and also personna blades.

I'm happy now cos Ive found my perfect razor (and it only cost 0.99p at E-Bay:lol:) and wont spend money on finding my Go-to razor.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Just a quick update, I already thought these blades were garbage but I just had to try them. The shave was absolute garbage, so much so that I wanted to dispose of the razor. After my Personna blades came in the mail though, I soon changed my mind, absolutley brilliant smooth shave, better than any cartridge or DE. Would highly recommend Injectors and also personna blades.

I'm happy now cos Ive found my perfect razor (and it only cost 0.99p at E-Bay:lol:) and wont spend money on finding my Go-to razor.

Ahhhh..... Mark these words my friend. Once the RAD really kicks in we'll likely see you trolling the BST! LOL :w00t:

Top Bottom