What's new

A flaming, screaming, skull checks into the clinic

Fellows,

Jeesh... I didn't realize i banged myself up so bad on my first shave. My chin is still healing and i already have a full stubble going :o15:

I should probably wait until my razor burn goes away until my next shave. Opinions on this?

Also, as is, i'm already planning to only shave every 2, or probably every 3 days... just because i get a much better shave if i allow the hair to grow out a little. Does anybody else here do this? I'd like to hear about your cycles and regiments on shaving. I enjoy sporting stubble as well, so i don't mind this at all.

Don't mind my flaming skull, i just shaved is all

Give your face a break.

What is your post shave routine? You may want to include some witch hazel, it you don't already. You may also want to find a ASB or milk for such days. And make sure that you have prepped enough before the shave as well.

Good luck. Stick with it- it does get better.

i shave every second to third day, i find i get zero irritation and always get a smoother, softer skin and a better shave if i let the hair grow out a bit,

Most important things for an effective shave:

Thorough lathering
30 degree blade angle
applying as little pressure as you can, just hold the razor

Gentle gentle gentle

I'll keep this in mind next time... i'm sure i was using some muscle last time.

Also, next time, i think i'll opt for a not-so-close shave but happy skin... instead of a burning close shave. With time i'll learn to get closer without the burn

Top Bottom