What's new

Shave soap combined with shave cream

Reading these posts, I notice that some people use a shave soap as a base, and apply a shave cream to the brush as well. How is the shave cream applied to the brush, before or after lathering the brush with soap?

I skip the bush with the cream, and just squeeze a wee bit directly into the lathering bowl.
Same here. I load the brush with soap, and the cream goes straight into the bowl. I find the fastest and most efficient way to create lather is to work the brush up-n-down in a pumping motion.

Lately, though, I've been NOT using a brush at all, and superlather directly onto my face. I just apply soap directly onto my beard, rub it up with my fingers and the palms of my hand. Once it has lathered up, I squeeze a little cream onto my left hand and mix that in as well.

I let the superlather soak in for about a minute while I rinse my right hand and get the razor ready. I keep my left hand lathered up, and use that one to freshen up the mix between passes, and also to feel around and see if there are any spots that I missed.

Top Bottom