What's new

Home footwear?

Gentlemen,

Another question of utter importance: What footwear do you sport at home?
I'm partial to Draper of Glastonbury's Anton sheepskin slippers, which I think are the best on the planet. When I bought them the salesguy tried to get me a pair in purple, 'the papal colour, sir!' (weirdo...:rolleyes:), but I went for classical dark brown.
Just another great traditional British product.

Check them out here: http://www.draper-of-glastonbury.com/index.cfm?

H.S. Trask & Co. Range Rovers (if indoor/outdoor) and Allen-Edmonds Deerfields if loungin' around only indoors.

I have a pair of ugs slippers that I recieved as a gift from an ex-girl friend three years ago now -- I like them very much (I'm actually wearing them now).

They've broken in nicely on the interior of the slipper (my footprint is worn into them so that they fit just so). I don't have anything to compare them to, but I have no almost no complaints.

Given the frequency I wear them (frequent) they're in excellent shape. They have a decent sole -- I've gone outside in them and they do protect some against the pavement -- some, not a lot.

If its important to you that your slippers take on that cracked well-worn look -- the ugs don't do that -- they broke in nicely inside but on the exterior mine sitll look close to new. But they sure are comfortable and they keep my feet warm and take me to that pleasant comfortable place.

I have a question for those of you who do own some high end slippers:

What kind of support do these expensive little slippers provide?

I wear the least expensive slippers, I can find from Kohl's or overstock.com. Still, if someone suffers foot pain--it is best to get some crocs or birks to slip on and off to give arch support.

Socks in the winter, bare feet in the summer!

Along those lines, I like to keep a pair of shoes next to the door for those quick trips outside that take a minute or so, such as the trash, getting the mail, and so on. They need be such that I can just slip them on without tying. This was a habit that I got into while growing up, after we visited Holland. Mom bought a pair of the wooden shoes that were comfortable enough to fit everybody, and we kept them by the door for that reason. They lasted at least a couple of decades.

proxy.php

Koolaburra booties (similar to Uggs)
I dont wear the slippers because my feet slide out of them if I have to go outside and walk up a hill. Heavy duty smartwool socks are also great for indoors.

S

Sam

i wear some apres ski boots, really hightopped scuffs, with sheepskin and sheeps fleece on the inside from some canadien company, pacific coast sheepskin company or something like that. I can google it if anybody really cares. just pm me

sam

Top Bottom