What's new

W&B Restore

I restored this W&B razor and would appreciate your comments :blush:.

Specs:
Mopani Scales
Adjustable brass pins & washers
Finished with renaissance wax
5/8 W&B Sheffield w/ barbers notch.

The pics make the blade look smudged, but that is just the lighting. It was either glare or smudge with the lighting I had :001_rolle.

Great looking scales, and nice blade too!

I know the draw to using the microfastners, but I would recommend learning how to pin, they look so much cleaner that way.:blush:

But regardless of my personal taste, great lookin' restore!

Thanks :001_smile I also agree that the adjustable pins make it a bit bulky and even somewhat tacky. With my next set I am going to pin them on instead. Or... Maybe I could get a little fancy and try counter sinking the microfasteners... :lol:

I know the draw to using the microfastners, but I would recommend learning how to pin, they look so much cleaner that way.:blush:

Last edited:
I just finally finished an S. Pearson & co. wedge this morning. Been working on the scales for a bit. Redwood burl on aluminum liners with CA finish coat. I need a larger wedge as the tang is off angle on the grind and the blade has to currently be guided in, but I am quite proud. I'll post up some photos later. I do now understand the draw of the thick Sheffield blades now though. I even managed to snag a G. Wostenholm pipe medium hollow for 20 bucks at the antique store earlier.

So I did some more work on this razor to finish it off based on some comments/suggestions that I received from several persons.

Updates were to peen the razor, rather than use the microfasteners.
I also refinished the scales with 2 coats of Tung oil, buffed with Lemon Oil and then coated with Renaissance wax as a final polish after peening. I'll see if I can get my wife to take some pictures for me today.

Here are some pics of the updated scales on the razor:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

SONAFA.....:mad3:

How dare you diss the use of adjustable hardware!

P.S.- Sapito, the new pinned scales do look sleeker. Looks good!

SONAFA.....:mad3:

How dare you diss the use of adjustable hardware!

P.S.- Sapito, the new pinned scales do look sleeker. Looks good!

Your's look nothing like microfastners, you countersink all the hardware.
Besides, it's all about having fun.

And, not using microfastners.... :roll:

Top Bottom