What's new

Mixing Creams

I used the last tube I had of C&E Sweet Almond last week. My wife, hearing me grumbling about it being discontinued, came home with a tub of Casswell-Massey's Almond Cream. God love her I know she was thinking of my enjoyment of Sweet Almond with she purchased, what only can be described as, the worst shave cream available.

Not to disappoint my bride I was resolved to use it the next morning. I enjoy the fragrance, but cannot get it to lather. While getting ready to shave the next morning I was debating on trying it as a superlather with a soap, but didn't feel any of my soaps would be a good fragrance match with the Almond.

I loaded, what is a normal amount of cream, on my brush and then for some reason reached for a tube of Kiss My Face and squirted a small amount into my G4 scuttle and started building lather. Much to my surprise I began to built mounds of lather with a sweet almond scent. Had a very nice 3 pass shave.

Does anyone else mix creams to improve the performance? Does anyone have a specific combination they enjoy? I will not purchase another tub of this cream but I am comfortable in using it in this mix till it is all gone.

I've done this with two different almond creams. It wasn't because one was particularly bad I just couldn't see having two half containers. In the end it worked out well. Sorry, no advice on a specific cream to mix it with.

Top Bottom