Once in a while it happens: I get to a point where I have only slivers left of a few soaps. They are still good soaps, but they are to the point where I have to work like crazy to get lather from them and often just wind up chasing them around in the mug or bowl. So I finally hit upon an idea.
I have had most of a used puck of Burma Shave soap sitting around for quite a while. I can lather it up OK, but I never really took to it. So I used that as the base in the bottom of a screw top Rubbermaid container for the FrankenFoam. Digging in the graveyard, I found a sliver each of VDH, Col Conk Bay Rum, and C&E Sandalwood. I wet the top of the Burma Shave puck, tossed the slivers on top of it and stirred a bit with a boar brush. Then I covered it wet and put it away so that it could all meld into one mass.
So far, this turns out to be decent stuff! It lathers well and shaves OK. There isn't much smell because the soaps have been around long enough to almost depleted of scent, but I get an occasional signature whiff of one of them. I think I'll keep this going, adding more slivers from the graveyard as I dig them up.