What's new

My dress hats

i see you now have an eye patch to go wtih the pirate hat.....accessorising already mate? very 'metro' of you

Nah, I added the patch for humor. I just wondered how long it would take for someone to point out the fact that Superman wouldn't need an eye patch seeing how he can't be hurt (for the most part). It only took about 10 minutes! :lol::lol:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Nice hats, love that grey fedora. What is your source - where'd ya get 'em? What is their brand name?

Nah, I added the patch for humor. I just wondered how long it would take for someone to point out the fact that Superman wouldn't need an eye patch seeing how he can't be hurt (for the most part). It only took about 10 minutes! :lol::lol:

The cool thing about it is, even with the eye patch on, superman can see with both eyes!!

I thought the wind blew a spec of kryptonite int your eye.

The the 'gray fedora' a carbon gray Akubra federation? If not, it surely looks the part. Which is to say AWESOME. They are all beautiful- I :001_tt1: LOVE :001_tt1: hats, fedoras specifically- they are one of my hobby-related passions. Like shaving supplies, they are a bit of a niche market, and as such the prices are (in my opinion) elevated because they cannot take advantage of volume discounts in the same way McDonalds can. I have a couple of Akubra Federations and a Panama Monticristi straw I bought from panamabob.com. Not cheap, but very high quality and as close to 'free trade' as you will probably come in that industry.

Here are two of mine, a brown federation and the Monticristi mentioned above.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41522409@N02/

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The the 'gray fedora' a carbon gray Akubra federation? If not, it surely looks the part. Which is to say AWESOME. They are all beautiful- I :001_tt1: LOVE :001_tt1: hats, fedoras specifically- they are one of my hobby-related passions. Like shaving supplies, they are a bit of a niche market, and as such the prices are (in my opinion) elevated because they cannot take advantage of volume discounts in the same way McDonalds can. I have a couple of Akubra Federations and a Panama Monticristi straw I bought from panamabob.com. Not cheap, but very high quality and as close to 'free trade' as you will probably come in that industry.

Here are two of mine, a brown federation and the Monticristi mentioned above.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41522409@N02/

I love that Akubra. Ok, looks like I'm catching yet ANOTHER AD from you guys. I gotta stop hangin' out here so much.

They look nice. I'd be interested in hearing a little about them. Any differences besides the obvious? Any favorites? For what reasons? Where did you get them?

I have all my hats customed-made from Peters Bros in downtown Fort Worth, a fairly well-known place here in north Texas. He specializes in cowboy hats and Indy Jones replicas.

Basically, I talk to the current Mr. Peters about what style, color, beaver %, brim and crown size, pinch style, crown dent, etc... and about 6 weeks later it's done. The main difference in my hats is the crown and brim size and color. The grey fedora has the largest brim and crown. The homburg is the latest addition to the family. My favorite is the green moss hat. It is a very versatile color and goes with almost every color suit.

proxy.php

Great hats! I've spent ages looking for a bowler that'll fit my massive cranium. Some of my girlfriends brought me back a panama hat from panama whilst on vacation, but let me know panama hats technically aren't FROM panama, and of course living in Arizona I had a 'cowboy' hat that was ruined by falling into a river. No big loss there :)

S

Sam

Got me a Panama Bob Diamante straw hat and then a Stetson Saxon felt fedora in caribou (medium grey) and am ordering this week an Akubra Stylemaster in Acorn (light tan). The Stetson will be worn with dressy stuff, suits and sportscoats, the Stylemaster my weekend and casual hat

i see you now have an eye patch to go wtih the pirate hat.....accessorising already mate? very 'metro' of you

I thought the wind blew a spec of kryptonite int your eye.

He got that eye patch running with kryptonite scissors. You NEVER run with scissors (especially if you're running faster than a speeding bullet). :biggrin:

Top Bottom