Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dress hats

Default My dress hats

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bullrid...ted=3823080044

Posted pix of my dress hats on my Flickr page. What do you think?

East of the Pecos, West of the Mississippi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackfromdfw View Post

They look nice. I'd be interested in hearing a little about them. Any differences besides the obvious? Any favorites? For what reasons? Where did you get them?
    I have a strong moral sense - by my standards. -- Rex Stout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks.
    whats a good brand quality 'straw' hat - something towards the Plantation style?
    Australians - visit Great Southern Land @ http://tinyurl.com/bbgsl - Aussie Shave Wiki

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the green Fedora.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i see you now have an eye patch to go wtih the pirate hat.....accessorising already mate? very 'metro' of you
    Australians - visit Great Southern Land @ http://tinyurl.com/bbgsl - Aussie Shave Wiki

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
    i see you now have an eye patch to go wtih the pirate hat.....accessorising already mate? very 'metro' of you
    Nah, I added the patch for humor. I just wondered how long it would take for someone to point out the fact that Superman wouldn't need an eye patch seeing how he can't be hurt (for the most part). It only took about 10 minutes!

Images
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Nice hats, love that grey fedora. What is your source - where'd ya get 'em? What is their brand name?

Quote Originally Posted by SlagleRock View Post
    Nah, I added the patch for humor. I just wondered how long it would take for someone to point out the fact that Superman wouldn't need an eye patch seeing how he can't be hurt (for the most part). It only took about 10 minutes!
    The cool thing about it is, even with the eye patch on, superman can see with both eyes!!
    Phil

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

East of the Pecos, West of the Mississippi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought the wind blew a spec of kryptonite int your eye.
    I have a strong moral sense - by my standards. -- Rex Stout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The the 'gray fedora' a carbon gray Akubra federation? If not, it surely looks the part. Which is to say AWESOME. They are all beautiful- I LOVE hats, fedoras specifically- they are one of my hobby-related passions. Like shaving supplies, they are a bit of a niche market, and as such the prices are (in my opinion) elevated because they cannot take advantage of volume discounts in the same way McDonalds can. I have a couple of Akubra Federations and a Panama Monticristi straw I bought from panamabob.com. Not cheap, but very high quality and as close to 'free trade' as you will probably come in that industry.

Here are two of mine, a brown federation and the Monticristi mentioned above.

http:[email protected]/

Images
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joto View Post
    The the 'gray fedora' a carbon gray Akubra federation? If not, it surely looks the part. Which is to say AWESOME. They are all beautiful- I LOVE hats, fedoras specifically- they are one of my hobby-related passions. Like shaving supplies, they are a bit of a niche market, and as such the prices are (in my opinion) elevated because they cannot take advantage of volume discounts in the same way McDonalds can. I have a couple of Akubra Federations and a Panama Monticristi straw I bought from panamabob.com. Not cheap, but very high quality and as close to 'free trade' as you will probably come in that industry.

Here are two of mine, a brown federation and the Monticristi mentioned above.

http:[email protected]/
    I love that Akubra. Ok, looks like I'm catching yet ANOTHER AD from you guys. I gotta stop hangin' out here so much.
    Phil

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I love hats they can really set the mood for you! It is a shame more men don't wear them!
    I don't own any stocks or bonds. All my money is tied up in debt. George Carlin :lol:

Default My hats

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Paulsen View Post
    They look nice. I'd be interested in hearing a little about them. Any differences besides the obvious? Any favorites? For what reasons? Where did you get them?
    I have all my hats customed-made from Peters Bros in downtown Fort Worth, a fairly well-known place here in north Texas. He specializes in cowboy hats and Indy Jones replicas.

Basically, I talk to the current Mr. Peters about what style, color, beaver %, brim and crown size, pinch style, crown dent, etc... and about 6 weeks later it's done. The main difference in my hats is the crown and brim size and color. The grey fedora has the largest brim and crown. The homburg is the latest addition to the family. My favorite is the green moss hat. It is a very versatile color and goes with almost every color suit.

Default Planatation style straw hat

thanks.
    whats a good brand quality 'straw' hat - something towards the Plantation style?
    Check out the The Dobbs Kingston - Gambler hat

http://www.menshats.com/product/216/dress-hats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luvmysuper View Post
    The cool thing about it is, even with the eye patch on, superman can see with both eyes!!
    Glad to see I'm not the only Super Hero geek!

thanks.
    I've got a Panama from Country Gentleman that I've always been a bit proud of. I think I picked it up at a Dillard's, but department stores are horribly inconsistent about hat stock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love the Straw Fedora. I'd have to get a thinner band for it. OpusX has one and they have a pretty good hat shop in West Port which is a little area of Kansas City, Mo. Unlucky for me, I need close to a 8" so I don't wear hats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great hats! I've spent ages looking for a bowler that'll fit my massive cranium. Some of my girlfriends brought me back a panama hat from panama whilst on vacation, but let me know panama hats technically aren't FROM panama, and of course living in Arizona I had a 'cowboy' hat that was ruined by falling into a river. No big loss there :)

Sam

Got me a Panama Bob Diamante straw hat and then a Stetson Saxon felt fedora in caribou (medium grey) and am ordering this week an Akubra Stylemaster in Acorn (light tan). The Stetson will be worn with dressy stuff, suits and sportscoats, the Stylemaster my weekend and casual hat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He got that eye patch running with kryptonite scissors. You NEVER run with scissors (especially if you're running faster than a speeding bullet).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast