What's new

American Wines

Hmm.... Well, finding a good American wine is easy. But that is not what you are asking for exactly.

The first problem is it needs to be not only American, but something your friend would mistake for French. That means you need a French style American. The meritage wines are, as I remember, in the bordeaux style. But a good one might run a little expensive. The example that comes to mind is Opus 1....

Something in a French style that is really good, and at least reasonable in price should not really be too hard.

Except that you are in France. If you were ever in the US, you could do it. The best bet would just be to go to a good wine store, tell them what you need, and be done with it. But I have no idea what is available for American wine in France. If I lived there, I would never drink American wine either. (Not that I think it is not as good, I just would not expect to be able to find something equally good for an equal price there).

-Mo

Yup, I think I will simply ask the wine merchant what he has to offer. Then for the label I’ll choose an obscure French wine my friend has never tasted so he won’t expect anything in particular.

Again, I thank you all for your help. That’s going to be fun.

If any are interested in Washingtons Cabs you might want to give these a try:
Quilceda Creek
Leonetti
Andrew Will Sorella
Walla Walla Vinters

A good wine store in Washington State that ships all ove the world is Compass Wines. Also give the web site WineZap a try. You type in the wine you want and it brings up who around the country will sell and ship it to you.
I have seen prices vary on the same bottle of wine up to $100 - so it is worth shopping around.

Top Bottom