What's new

Dishwasher flood--any ideas?

This pm dishwasher making high pitch pulsing sound--won't stop when open to look. Turn the dishwasher odff when sound continue with only a short pause over hours. The water everywhere even through to basement.

My suspicion is either our pump is deceased or the drain pipe is clogged maybe even froze--the dishwasher is against outside and it has been a bit brisk.

So here I at at 1:45 in the blessed am cleaning up water. Funny thing is noise continued even after turn off dishwasher--even toggle circuit breaker to washer--flood started more after turning dishwasher off.

What a mess--again any help would be appreciated.

Turn off the water feed under the sink immediately,,, There is a turn off under every sink for the water... turn it off!

Then start mopping fast! Keep that water from going from one floor to another, this is the second most important step!

Call me if you need to!!

This screeching noise that carried on even when you'd unplugged the dishwasher, have you seen the cat recently?

I feel for you, my washing machine did something similar a couple of years ago! The waste pump packed up so I had to open it while full of water!

Gareth

Unfortunately, I have little advice other that to second Mama Bear's comments. I do feel your pain however. Our dishwasher recently sprung a leak and ruined the wood flooring throughout our kitchen. Now the floor is torn up and we're waiting for Home Depot to deliver and install our new dishwasher.

I hope I can get this flooring replaced before Christmas! :confused1

There's a float in the bottom of the dishwasher, usually towards the front. Those are known to stick sometimes and cause it to flood. That sticking float could have something to do with noise it is producing. Another possibility is that either water feed line or the drain line has a hole in it.

Top Bottom