What's new

Wine Values

Reading some other threads got me thinking about some of those rare bottles, many under $30 than can compete with the big buck vintages. So anyone who knows any remarkable wine values, please post them here so we all try to find one to enjoy. Also if you have them, throw in the Wine Spectator or Robert Parker Ratings as well.

Thanks all!

There are three appellations from Languedoc-Roussillon I like: Fitou, Minervois and Corbières. They all contain Grenache, Syrah, Carignagne, sometimes Mourvèdre, and are aged in oak casks. Perfect for red meats and strong cheeses. Note I find Corbières much stronger than Fitou and Minervois.

Pic Saint-Loup, Faugères, Saint-Chinian and many other Coteaux du Languedoc are worth a try.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Reading some other threads got me thinking about some of those rare bottles, many under $30 than can compete with the big buck vintages. So anyone who knows any remarkable wine values, please post them here so we all try to find one to enjoy. Also if you have them, throw up the Wine Spectator or Robert Parker Ratings as well.

Thanks all!

+1 on the Languedoc, and I'll add Costieres des Nimes and Madiran as well. I've had some amazing wines from Pic Saint-Loup.

I like the above wording, when I ponder the ratings given by The Wine Spectator, I do feel a bit queasy.:tongue_sm

Top Bottom