What's new

Home made soap

I made my own soap using glycerin soap as a base. I was happy with my first try but I was not crazy about the sent. Does anyone have any good recipes?

if you are using a soap base then you are limited as to what you add so you don't ruin the lather. You really don't want to add additional oils or you will ruin the lather if you add to much. Some places don't even recommend adding any extra oils or liquids. (other than fragrance)

But the scent is only as good as the fragrance that is added so perhaps added a different scent.

I read a post a while back at TSD and some guy bought soap base and EOs and made his own soap. I am sorry but I cannot find the post, which I originally got off a Google search.

Soap base is already soap that just needs to be melted down and scented and poured into a mold to be shaped. It's already soap. So what type of "recipes" are you looking for?

Now cold processed type soap would need an actual recipe to make, but not a soap base.

Soap base is already soap that just needs to be melted down and scented and poured into a mold to be shaped. It's already soap. So what type of "recipes" are you looking for?

Now cold processed type soap would need an actual recipe to make, but not a soap base.

This soap base would be lacking the clays that are typically found in homemade shaving soaps, so wouldn't the results be less than optimal? :confused:

Top Bottom