What's new

The One Must Have Cream in a Soap User's Cabinet

A few months ago, I decided to convert to a dedicated soap user, and have been diligently working my way through my remaining creams. I just finished off a tube of Trumper's Rose cream today, and am ready to move on to the Rose soap. That said, I'm going to miss that cream. It gave me a great shave every time and the scent was great. If a soap user could pick only one cream to keep in the cabinet (regardless of whether it is also available as a soap), what should it be?

Bob

Why oh why are you going to do such a thing??? Why would you limit yourself to ONLY anything? Will you turn your back on the soft almost-cream soaps?

Oh, it is a sad day....

Oh well, to each his own!

In answer to your question:

GFT Coconut Oil SC

GFT Rose

and Proraso

and Spieck

and KMF (choose one)

and SCS Savory Rose

are you sure you want to do this?

YOU CAN USE BOTH SOAPS AND CREAMS!!!!!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There are too many great ones out there to pick just one as a "must have" that will suit everyone. I tend to look for great performers that have something (usually scent-wise) that my soaps don't offer.

I'm a noob here and have been at this for 9+ months now. I may not have used tons of creams or soaps but I do have an opinion. I'm with the folks who said Prorasso. It's something that I just cannot see myself giving up.

There are two creams that are just simply always going to be in my cabinet: proraso and Speick.

Sure, there are tons more that are excellent or maybe better. But, this seems like a rather personal question, like which sex position would you do, if you could only do one . . .:redface:

Just not the sort of thing one talks about in polite company :blushing:

This is definitely a tough question. Of the 4 creams I own I would probably go with either C.O. Bigelow or TOBS lavender, but I don't know which.

Another vote for Proraso Green! It was my first "real" shaving cream and will forever have a special mystique and place in my shave den :cool:

Top Bottom