What's new

Storing a Tabac Soap puck long term

At present i have the option of buying Tabac soap puck refil, or buying the soap in the glass bowl again for not much more (i already have the glass bowl with the soap, just stocking up).

So should i buy the soap in the bowl, i figure i can take the puck out and store it, and use the glass bowl for another soap.

Can i store the soap puck for medium long term and it be ok, or is that a no-go?

And how would you best store it?

Is there any issue in leaving a soap open to the air? I've been keeping my soap in the bottom of a shave mug (I lather in a bowl)... granted it's not storage as I'm using it. Is there any harm to leaving the soap to interact with the air?

Is there any issue in leaving a soap open to the air? I've been keeping my soap in the bottom of a shave mug (I lather in a bowl)... granted it's not storage as I'm using it. Is there any harm to leaving the soap to interact with the air?

I've noticed loss of scent but no change in performance. As soaps are generally milder in scent strength I keep my covered.

I'd say, wrap it in cellophane and stick it in a dry dark place.

Tin foil tends to work well too. Some of the shave stick refills use it for long-term storage.

I would agree with both of the above!

I just replace the top on mine between uses but it's in my regular rotation. If you mean storing it in open air, I wouldn't do this for an extended period. Think of how many shriveled bars of soaps we've all come across around our homes - the culprit is air! :wink:

Top Bottom