What's new

Any aircraft mechanics?

I'm a crew chief (Airframe and Powerplant General) in the US Air Force and will probably continue in an aircraft related field when I retire. I have quite a few years ahead of me before I retire but will be working toward a couple of industry related degrees as well as an A&P license in the meantime.

When I get out I want to either go work for a small luxury type airline, or crew a jet for some rich dude. I'm a fighter crew chief so right now it seems smaller aircraft is what I'll be comfortable around.

I could probably go into managment of some kind after 20 years in the military, but I like to work, not sit at desks. But thats just who I am.

Not a mechanic as I'm Army Guard but I hold an aircraft mos (or two) 15T and 15U which translates to UH-60 Repairer and CH-47 repairer respectively. As for the difference between a repairer and a mechanic one can only guess, or at least this one can only guess. As for the civilian side, I work as a nurse. It would be great to do aviation as a full-time gig but as most MOS's Army they give you the basics and I would rather not go to school to secure an A+P certificate when I really need to go back to complete my RN.

I hear ya. With my AFSC I am "qualified" to take all 3 tests for the A&P, but I have no where near enough knowledge to pass them. I'll have to take some home study probably, but I won't be worrying about that for a good few years. Just making plans right now, ya know?

Top Bottom