What's new

Review Request

I would like to more about J. Peterman 1903, D.R. Harris Arlington colognes, but there are not reviews for them, at least not that I can see. I am lookin to purchase my first cologne, and the choices are

Taylor's Mr. Taylor
D.R. Harris Arlington
J. Peterman 1903

I am looking for a signature scent, different from what all my fellow college kids are wearing. So I am justling looking for some more info. I would appreciate any information, but it would be great if reviews were posted

The key, it seems, is not so much reading reviews, but obtaining samples of the scents in question and seeing how they work for you.

The key, it seems, is not so much reading reviews, but obtaining samples of the scents in question and seeing how they work for you.

+1

Once you have a few samples, you can check out the reviews for those scents and get a sense of which reviewers seem to share your taste. After you do that, it's easier to use the reviews to narrow down the universe of colognes that you want to try.

I would like to more about J. Peterman 1903, D.R. Harris Arlington colognes, but there are not reviews for them, at least not that I can see. I am lookin to purchase my first cologne, and the choices are

Taylor's Mr. Taylor
D.R. Harris Arlington
J. Peterman 1903

I am looking for a signature scent, different from what all my fellow college kids are wearing. So I am justling looking for some more info. I would appreciate any information, but it would be great if reviews were posted

I deally you should obtain samples, but it could be difficult given these three. There is a review for Arlington aftershave around here somewhere. The Mr. Taylor cologne review thread is here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=T&t=59198

Arlington is a bit too floral for my tastes -- it's basically oranges and flowers/fern -- and its staying power is very low. TOBS Mr. Taylor is wonderful -- light, crisp, VERY masculine, not cloying at all -- but doesn't last long either and doesn't project much if that's your thing.

I've never tried the 1903 by J. Peterman but it sounds great on paper. Unfortunately that's not always how it turns out.

How about Rive Gauche? Smells like Barbasol, different from the crowd and a very grown-up, confident, masculine scent. Then of course there's always the real dark horse, Tabac.

BTW, I'm close to your age and I totally know where you're coming from, having graduated college 2 years ago. But honestly, it all comes down to personal tastes.

Last edited:
1903 by J.Peterman is great stuff. It's an earthy, mossy, fougere with a little citrus in the opening and a leathery drydown that is exquisite. If there was such a thing as high-end freshly mown grass it would probably smell like 1903. The great thing about 1903 is that if you buy it and it doesn't work for you there is always somebody on the BST that will buy it. It's a really good juice and you will not smell like anybody at your school.

Top Bottom