What's new

What a beautiful razor!

Hi Guys,

I love all things military and have recently come across this absolute beauty on eb*y....

No connection with the seller, just had to show what gorgeous example I think this is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WWi-1918-MILI...0?hash=item53d778db4d&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Anyone think it's a good deal??

Seen a few of these, some purporting to be Canadian, others American (guessing both are plausible...), Very similar to the civilian issue other than being in Khaki rather than Blue and having the additional printing and metal mirror :D

ATB,
Tom

You can pretty much take any price on a razor listed by Glasgowgoodies and divide it by half to get a decent price estimate on a razor. Sad but true!:frown:

I don't know much about the value of Gillette Khaki sets, but $170 dollars seems really high to me. Of course, I am interested in razors only for the shaving aspect, and have no interest in collection mint condition boxed razors. :smile:

Thanks guys, personally I'd shave with it, and keep all the box etc. mint, just looks so good boxed like that and would sit neatly in with my other "Junk" as the GF puts it....

Tom

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Looks nice, but I have seen them cheaper. That's a lot of dough unless your a serious collector and it's a piece you gotta have to fill in a gap.

Serious, yes, military yes, razors no.... won't have anything I can't shave daily with :D I'll keep looking bound to find one in a military fair! :D

ATB<
Tom

It&#180;s a very nice set with a too high price. And the outer shipper is wrong. This outer shipper comes with the "Brownie":

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hmmmmm..... could the one on ebay be civillian version, as it doesn't have "Property of US Army" on the inside of the lid????

Thanks for the pics, nice razors...

Tom

It'll be ok, definitely gotta be cheaper than my other hobby :D

Collecting gold bullion, 1933 pennies, and rare Van Goghs ;-) LOL

Tom

Last edited:
I believe he is missing part of his set. I have that same box and razor from my grandfather who was in WWI. There is supposed to be a khaki-backed mirror that fits into the lid.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I believe he is missing part of his set. I have that same box and razor from my grandfather who was in WWI. There is supposed to be a khaki-backed mirror that fits into the lid.

It's also missing the two tacks at the front right and left, used to hold the mirror to something. No holes I can see, so maybe this set wasn't issued to field soldiers, but was available to DOD personnel. That would explain no mirror and tacks, perhaps also the lack of the words "property us army"

Top Bottom