What's new

Starter kit - shipped to Aus

Posted this in another section but was referred here.

I'm in Melbourne. Trying to get a starter kit together - never wet shaved before and have been checking out places online to buy the stuff I need. Prefer not to buy in Australia as stuff is obviously stupidly marked up and it's best to get online.

So, I want a Merkur HD, a bunch of razors, Taylor of Old Bond Street cream of some sort (avacado, sandalwood, or the new sensitive one), and a badger brush - preferably simpson of vulfix but would entertain other suggestions. A stand wouldn't go astray either.

Now, looking at prices around is fairly easy to see which is cheapest...but then when you start factoring in postage it becomes very difficult. I've thought of getting this: http://www.leesrazors.com/products/B...Brush-Set.html w/ the super badger brush...though I'm not sure if it's the best deal I can get, and I would also still need to buy the cream from somewhere (with added postage...)...

Suggestions?
(for Merkur HD, taylor's shaving cream, moderately ok brush - not cheap as such but not expensive - ordered + shipping to Aus)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Quite a few members here from OZ, and they do some online shopping.
I'm sure that they would be best able to let you know the best route to take to get your needs and wants.
The guys around here are pretty quick, but be patient and I'm sure you'll get an answer.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome again!

It always depends if you want to order outside Australia or not. If you are willing to wait, you would probably save a rough $20 on your order. I would recommend Mensbiz as he has all the items that you are looking for and even a razor blade sample pack.

Others will give you options as I usualy only order what I can't get in Oz.

So, I want a Merkur HD, a bunch of razors, Taylor of Old Bond Street cream of some sort (avacado, sandalwood, or the new sensitive one), and a badger brush - preferably simpson of vulfix but would entertain other suggestions. A stand wouldn't go astray either.

Suggestions?
(for Merkur HD, taylor's shaving cream, moderately ok brush - not cheap as such but not expensive - ordered + shipping to Aus)

I have just placed a similar order (HD, vulfix brush, stand and blade sampler) minus the shaving cream with BullGoose. It was shipped a couple of days ago so it might be a week or so before it get here. He responded promptly to my emails, threw in some samples and has a good rep on BB.

Just email him your shopping list and he will give you a quote for shipping.

Cheers,
Len.

Just like anything you buy it all becomes a juggling act between Australian Pricing and additional shipping costs from overseas.

Of course it also depends on the exchange rate :001_smile

You just have to do your research and work out if it's cheaper to get locally ( e.g. Mensbiz with B&B discount 15% off ) or ship from US and pay the extra postage.

I've done both depending on which is the better deal at the time. If it's only a coupla bucks more to get in Aus then I usually order from Australia as I'd rather support local business.

Oh and can you wait the 2 week to get your new gear ???? :001_tongu

I think if you're in Vic and you order early enough from Nathan @ Mensbiz, you can have your stuff the same day !!!!!

And for a stand, get from overseas....it don't think you can go past the ones from SSilcox .....

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=79448

YMMV :001_smile

Last edited:
Top Bottom