What's new

ID guide?

Hi is there a search on the list somewhere to determine what a particular razor could be? I just picked up a nice razor and would like to find out what it is...

Thanks in advance!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Achim has a great site, http://www.j-duwe.de/index.html

You can look through that.

Easiest way till you get a little more familiar with types would be to post a picture and you'll have an answer within minutes from one of the experts here. good luck.

Thanks!
I found what looks like my razor a 1946-1950 Tech Gold. There is not a pat number it does have "REGUS PAT OFF GILLETTE MADE IN USA" and "PAT NOSON PACKAGE". Is there a way to narrow down the details?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thanks!
I found what looks like my razor a 1946-1950 Tech Gold. There is not a pat number it does have "REGUS PAT OFF GILLETTE MADE IN USA" and "PAT NOSON PACKAGE". Is there a way to narrow down the details?

The Techs were made for a LONG time. Starting in 1942 up through the 70's I believe.

There are no serial numbers on the razors in the range of 1930 till 1950, so if there is no number and letter under the head, it is between 1942 -1949.
1942 through 1945 Gillette was producing for the war effort.

If there's a number and letter under the head it's 1950 or after and you can cross reference the number.

So, if it is a 46 - 50 Tech with no letter number under the head, you have narrowed it to between 1946 to 1949

Last edited:
The Techs were made for a LONG time. Starting in 1942 up through the 70's I believe.

There are no serial numbers on the razors in the range of 1930 till 1950, so if there is no number and letter under the head, it is between 1942 -1949.
1942 through 1945 Gillette was producing for the war effort.

If there's a number and letter under the head it's 1950 or after and you can cross reference the number.

So, if it is a 46 - 50 Tech with no letter number under the head, you have narrowed it to between 1946 to 1949

There is not a number under the head so it must be 1946-1949, which is great news for me. I was born in 1948 so it's close to being my birth year - or it just might be my birth year. Heck I can always - convince myself it's a 1948 razor :closedeye

It's in REALLY good shape. I do not see any plaiting loss, any scratches are VERY minor and very hard to see. In fact I see only one little scratch on the head and it dose not go through the plaiting.

Now I wonder what it's worth.....but because it's so close to my birth year I doubt I'll part with it, heck I have yet to run it across my face a few times :smile:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
There is not a number under the head so it must be 1946-1949, which is great news for me. I was born in 1948 so it's close to being my birth year - or it just might be my birth year. Heck I can always - convince myself it's a 1948 razor :closedeye

It's in REALLY good shape. I do not see any plaiting loss, any scratches are VERY minor and very hard to see. In fact I see only one little scratch on the head and it dose not go through the plaiting.

Now I wonder what it's worth.....but because it's so close to my birth year I doubt I'll part with it, heck I have yet to run it across my face a few times :smile:

The Techs are beautiful razors and very nice shavers. They made so many that the value is generally not much, even for a New in the Box Mint one. But it is something of history you hold in your hands, and it's nice to be able to say that you are using a piece of Americana that was made the same time you were.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post and pointed me in the right direction. It's amazing how quick info get's passed around.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom