What's new

DE Victory!

Well after almost two weeks with my Merkur Progress (my first DE razor), I've finally achieved a no-bleed shave. A couple days ago the light bulb finally clicked and I realized that I'd been using too much pressure on the razor and my neck was suffering for it. Since I've lightened up, things have improved drastically and I've actually gotten closer shaves too which seems a bit counter-intuitive, but it's true. Things seem to get better each day or two. So for anyone else struggling with their first DE razor, hang in there, it'll come around with practice :)

Awesome, it's good to know you are making progress. :w00t:

Unfortunately, we mostly hear from newbies when they are having problems. And then on occasion a few months down the road, we might receive a "EUREKA" post like yours saying how great they are doing. :tongue_sm

Some newbies, make a few posts when they are new, to never be heard from again; makes you wonder did they eventually figure things out, and get the superb shave they were looking for, or did they give up in frustration?

Yeah, I can see myself falling into that trap. I hope to post more regularly though and try to help others as I learn lessons of my own.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Good work! It takes time to get the right result but if you stick to it, the reward at the end is awesome!

So my wife and I are going out to celebrate our anniversary tonight (16 years, yay for us!) and I just got done with my (probably incorrect) version of guenron's 4-pass-shave and I'm amazed. Only one little nick and the closest shave I've gotten yet. I normally only do two passes in the morning due to time constraints and I usually get decent results, but the four pass really makes a noticeable difference.

Thanks Carlos!

Rich, thanks for the reminder :) I've already caught myself being a little careless. Fortunately I've noticed the times that I've started going too quickly before causing myself any major pain.

Top Bottom