Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions on Switching from a Cartridge to a Safety Razor

Quote Originally Posted by michiganlover View Post
    I won't dispute the fact that on E-Bay prices are higher, and that $30-60 dollar range might be more of the norm, however, the same quality razors (and often even better quality) can be had in our own Buy/Sell/Trade forum for quite a bit less money.

I see no reason to use eBay to acquire the more common models (Superspeeds, Techs, Slims) when they are available regularly here for far less money.
    Agreed. can we shake hands and put an end to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vermifuge View Post
    My point is / was these vintage razors are getting bid up. Most of them selling for $30 "buy it now" or can get bid anywhere up to 50. Yes i acknowledge there are $15 razors (plus shipping) but most of what tpeople may find are closer to 30 in my experience.

That said... my intent was to suggest that he might as well spend $30 on a good NEW razor from a place like Truefitt & Hill. Where (with 20% discount code) many can be had new for under $30....
    What are you talking about Ebay? Sure the prices can be a bit high, but you're mostly bidding on stuff there. It's kind of the nature of the beast, don't you think? But keep your eyes sharp and you might get a good deal on something. Believe me, it's not totally impossible.

And you always have the BST here. There's not a soul on here that I know of that would try to rip you off.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vermifuge View Post
    Agreed. can we shake hands and put an end to this?
    Agreed.

I have no desire to war with anyone on B and B. We should all be here to have fun, learn from one another, and by so doing hone our technique.
    ~~JOHN~~*Founding member of ALPHA Team*

Quote Originally Posted by michiganlover View Post
    Agreed.

I have no desire to war with anyone on B and B. We should all be here to have fun, learn from one another, and by so doing hone our technique.
    Awe... group hug anyone?

Thank you very much to all of you for your help, advice and suggestions. I really got a great wealth of information to start out!