What's new

Czech & Speake No. 88

Odd for a scent that is so expensive.
Sue

I have the same problem with No88. It's high-quality and lovely but it doesn't last on me and I can't imagine shelling out that much cash for a 15 minute fragrance. I have the same problem with a lot of Penhaligon's scents. They smell great but they have zero longevity. It makes my heart weep. :crying:

I have the same problem with No88. It's high-quality and lovely but it doesn't last on me and I can't imagine shelling out that much cash for a 15 minute fragrance. I have the same problem with a lot of Penhaligon's scents. They smell great but they have zero longevity. It makes my heart weep. :crying:

Generally speaking this is due to very dry skin and is consistant with a variety of fragrance. Do you have overly dry skin? - or- it's a citrus based scent and citrus is usually short lived.

Neither Wendy or I have dry except in winter; seasonal and more of a problem with dry hands only. We both had fleeting fragrance with this one. Carrier oil was of no help. Even looking at the scent description in Basenotes these aren't flimsy scents.

Sue

You might want to try using a carrier oil to help the fragrance last longer. Most oils in your home will work. Olive, safflower and unfragranced massage oil, etc. Rub a tad of oil say on your inner wrists and massage into your skin. They spritz on your EDT.

You could then rub your inner wrist on the back or your neck or chest or anywhere you apply your edt. This may or may not help it's longevity but worth a try. Another option would be to buy the fragrance in an oil base roll-on if available. They are generally a small glass container with a roller ball applicator and are non-greasy.

Shame to spend all that hard-earned money for a 15 minute hit of fragrance.
Sue
Tiny Disclaimer: this did not work for either Wendy or myself with #88

Hmm, maybe Mama Bear needs to come out with a version of 88 (similar to the GIT version), but one that might last on us C&S wearers who suffer the death of this scent far too soon. :wink2: But that's just my wishful thinking...

It's weird on me because I don't have dry skin and other colognes last for 8 hours--sometimes even until the following morning.

Top Bottom