What's new

Mosquito bites

I woke up this morning feeling an itch on my neck. My first thought was that I had an ingrown that was festering, but a quick look in the mirror revealed three mosquito bites in a straight line along the left side of my neck, right over my jugular vein. I guess that damn thing knew what it was looking for and went drilling in the right place. Shaving is going to be a lot fun over the next few days. :mad:

Try putting some witch hazel on the bites (the real stuff). I've put it on bug bites and it caused the swelling to go down, in addition to relieving the irritation from them.

Try putting some witch hazel on the bites (the real stuff). I've put it on bug bites and it caused the swelling to go down, in addition to relieving the irritation from them.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that. I've been treating them with a combination of Benadryl and Hydrocortisone, but I'm not sure if it's helping at all.

Better be careful or King Tut's Curse will claim you! :lol:

(Lord Carnarvon, sponsor of Howard Carter, supposedly sliced open a mosquito bite while shaving; it then got infected and he died soon after. This was then attributed to the curse...naturally.) :biggrin:

Horatio ya know it coulda been some kind of vampire midget or something. Are we in a full moon cycle yet?:lol:

P

Pogo

HoratioCaine:

For prophylaxis, try adding oil of citronella to your shave soap or cream.

Hope this helps.

Pogo

Whiskey. It helps with pain and itching.

Also, before exposure, drink a tolerable amount, then pour some over the body, and roll in the sand. The skeeters land, get a snootfull and start throwing rocks at each other.

So I've been told.

Perhaps a mutant vampire with three fangs? :lol:

Or a hillbilly vampire, with only 3 fangs.

Unless I get about 10 bites or so in the space of an hour, mine go away in about 20-30 minutes, swelling and all. I guess I lucked out.

Theres a lotion called Sarna available in most drug stores, even walmart. That stuff is awsome!! will totally take the itch away for about 4/5 hrs. Works on stuff like poison ivy and the like also. Its about 2 or 3 times more expensive than most stuff but really works

Hopefully you've been dutifully consuming Gin and Tonics and your quinnine level is sufficeint to preclude malaria :biggrin:

mosquitoes around here carry the West Nile Virus and have taken some of the fun from the outdoors.

Better be careful or King Tut's Curse will claim you! :lol:

(Lord Carnarvon, sponsor of Howard Carter, supposedly sliced open a mosquito bite while shaving; it then got infected and he died soon after. This was then attributed to the curse...naturally.) :biggrin:

Same thing happened to me...well, not the dying part, yet. I skipped shaving yesterday because the bites were pretty inflamed, but shaved today. I got a good weeper off of one of them. Makes me glad for antibiotics.

Top Bottom