What's new

Do you use different brushes for soaps and creams?

Do you use different brushes for different soaps or creams?

• Yes, sir!

• No, sir!

• It depends, sir....

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gents,

I might benefit from a bit of advice of you seasoned gentlemen of the shaving league.

This morning I suddenly realized that it might not be such a good idea to combine soap and cream with one brush, especially as the difference is so large as in my humble den (I have GFT Limes Soap in a Bowl and the classic Proraso).

So, what do you think?
Is it best to have different brushes for different soaps or creams? or does that depend on the types of soap or creme? Or does the make or model of the brush make any difference?

I only have one brush, so...yeah.

EDIT: The only time I'd ever use a different brush for creams and soaps would be if I had a floppy badger brush or a low-quality boar brush.

all brushes work good for soaps and creams, you just need to figure out what kind of feel to the face you like.

I have 2 brushes (1 everyday + 1 travel) so I use the everyday one, well, everyday...
I do switch out soaps and creams everyday. I just clean the brush out well after every use.

I use different brushes but primarily with soap. Ocassionaly mix some cream for superlather with Vetiver, Rose or Lime. I don't mix those but i use a double whammy of vetiver (soap & cream) Rose(in both) or Lime ( ditto).

I own several brushes and all of them will work with either a soap or a cream. Sometimes I get in the habit of using a certain brush with one or the other but when it comes right down to it they all work well with whatever I choose to use with them.

I've got a badger and a boar. I used the boar on the Proraso and the smell of the soap stayed on the brush. It's not that I hate Proraso, but I will only use it when the mood strikes - other times I am not into the smell.

I have been restricting my badger brush to the cream I have and the Wilkinson soap just because I don't want the Proraso smell on it - but I will definitely be using it on my VDH soap when it arrives. After I smell it of course :smile:

+100 on the boar for soaps. The only badger brush i can even stand to use for soap is a best chubby rooneys finest.

I use my Omega Pro boar for everything. It does not seem to smell like any cream or soap that I use after I rinse it out. I also have a Tweezerman that I rarely use but it gets used on soaps and creams equally.

I use all of my brushes for either soap or cream. It just depends on what I feel like using that day.

Nope
I see no difference between longer lofted vs shorter lofted brushes when using either creams or soaps. Its all in between the ears..

I hardly ever use soaps these days but always use whatever brush looks good at the time, even a BK12 works OK for soap IMO. I do however use stiffer brushes for some thicker creams like CF.

Well, I would think that a low quality boar would be better for soaps and that a floppy badger would be better for creams. That's just my opinion, though.

That's what I use, I have a massive soft fluffy Badger for my creams and a Harder smaller badger for my soaps, just seems to work well for me that way :D

Tom

Top Bottom