What's new

My Weishi Razor Won't Open!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I had a similar problem. Mine opened but was a bit difficult. I soaked it in warm water and vinegar for a while.

You could always soak it in mineral oil for a few hours and see what happens.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sorry to hear about your razor. There can be at times a lack of workmanship on these.
For the price of the razor on the link you posted, you could get a Superspeed, which is what the Weishi is a copy of anyway.
Hope you can work things out with the seller though.

Whatever you do, don't force it to open. The same thing happened to me with this model, and the opening mechanism simply broke. When it gets stuck with soap, the deposit simply needs to dissolve (in hot water, maybe).

Cheap yes.
Cheaply made, fairly.
Crappy, no.

Fine shavers, on the mild side.

Not crappy at all. A mild shave, yes, I still reach for mine once in awhile. Mine was also stuck when I got it. Don't force it,just a soaking in hot water with some Dawn dish soap (to dissolve any oils from the manfacture process) and it should work fine. If not it does have a one year warranty,

Throw it in the trash and pick up an HD or a real SS on the 'bay. You will be happier in the long-run than you would be messing around with a cheap, knock-off pile of crap.

Whatever you do, don't force it to open. The same thing happened to me with this model, and the opening mechanism simply broke. When it gets stuck with soap, the deposit simply needs to dissolve (in hot water, maybe).

+1

Mine broke on Sunday while I was trying to get it open. No more Weishi's for me which is a shame as it was a pretty good razor in itself.

Top Bottom