What's new

Square Bucket Ice Cream at Walmart

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I picked up a bucket of the freezer friendly ice cream at Walmart. I liked the square bucket, but once I tried the ice cream, I even liked it better than the average generic ice cream. It's not premium, but it is a far cry from the other regular plain Jane varieties.

Anyone else tried this stuff?

What does "freezer friendly" mean? Stores efficiently in the freezer?

I don't have a Wal Mart near me and have never shopped at one, but it sounds to me like how when I was a kid the Thrifty drug stores always had really good ice cream at the counter near the door. I grew up with generic ice cream, and the Thrifty's was always the one we called for.

Roger

B

BrightFutur

My roommate picked up a square bucket of strawberry revel.

I demolished the entire thing while he was out of town. For wal-mart cheapo ice cream, it has a decent flavour and its surprisingly rich and creamy compared to other cheap ice creams.

OldSaw

The wife's investment

Yes, that's the answer. It stores nicely because it is square.

My roommate picked up a square bucket of strawberry revel.

I demolished the entire thing while he was out of town. For wal-mart cheapo ice cream, it has a decent flavour and its surprisingly rich and creamy compared to other cheap ice creams.

The strawberry is my favorite. I was expecting something on the order of cheap ice milk and got nice creamy ice cream that surprised me.

What flavors did they have?

I have two growing boys, so I'm always on the lookout for budget goodies I can pretend I'm buying for them.

My local wal-mart might be one of the worst in the U.S. They are literally falling apart with requisite holes in the wall, small, narrow aisles, no automotive and the list could go on. They also must be the last store to get the pizza's that they were heavily advertising for the last year or so as they only started stocking them last week:confused: I should see this ice cream appear in my store in about 8-10 months I guess. Worst part is they will never fix it as they were set to break ground on a Super Wal-Mart approx. a 1/2 mile away and the town killed it.:mad:

My local wal-mart might be one of the worst in the U.S. They are literally falling apart with requisite holes in the wall, small, narrow aisles, no automotive and the list could go on. They also must be the last store to get the pizza's that they were heavily advertising for the last year or so as they only started stocking them last week:confused: I should see this ice cream appear in my store in about 8-10 months I guess. Worst part is they will never fix it as they were set to break ground on a Super Wal-Mart approx. a 1/2 mile away and the town killed it.:mad:

Dude, that sucks! you are right about them not fixing it.

I don't have a Wal Mart near me and have never shopped at one, but it sounds to me like how when I was a kid the Thrifty drug stores always had really good ice cream at the counter near the door. I grew up with generic ice cream, and the Thrifty's was always the one we called for.

Roger

I have a couple of questions. First, do any other humans live within fifty to a hundred miles of you? Second, how do you get internet? I can't believe a state as heavily populated as California could not have one nearby. That really is amazing. Then again, those of us that have never been there automatically think of LA and the other major cities.

I picked up a bucket of the freezer friendly ice cream at Walmart. I liked the square bucket, but once I tried the ice cream, I even liked it better than the average generic ice cream. It's not premium, but it is a far cry from the other regular plain Jane varieties.

Anyone else tried this stuff?

My wife just brought some of this home last week. I agree with you. I was amazed at how creamy and tasty it was. We got the vanilla. I look forward to trying the others.

Yes, that's the answer. It stores nicely because it is square.

Not only does it stores nicely, Walmart can ship more for less, no wasted space on the pallet with a square container. They have done the same thing with milk at Sams Club. It generated a 9% increase in the amount of milk that a truck can carry or 384 gal. Giving walmart and extra profit of 10-20 cents per gallon.

I wonder how much of that savings the consumer will get?

I have a couple of questions. First, do any other humans live within fifty to a hundred miles of you? Second, how do you get internet? I can't believe a state as heavily populated as California could not have one nearby. That really is amazing. Then again, those of us that have never been there automatically think of LA and the other major cities.
I think he lives in the Bay Area. That may explain why there is no WalMart within 50-100 miles.

Have you ever tried to find a major chain grocery store in a major city? You could easily drive well over a hour to find a walmart if you live right down town

Man, my local Wal-Mart is exactly like that. I haven't been in there since last Christmas, but half the lights were out, stuff was all over the place and nobody seemed to be working. Customers were going behind the counter and pulling things out of cases themselves--it was like a riot. It reminded me of S-Mart in the Evil Dead. Plus, it smells like a giant dirty hamster cage.

Not only does it stores nicely, Walmart can ship more for less, no wasted space on the pallet with a square container. They have done the same thing with milk at Sams Club. It generated a 9% increase in the amount of milk that a truck can carry or 384 gal. Giving walmart and extra profit of 10-20 cents per gallon.

I wonder how much of that savings the consumer will get?

I don't remember exact prices but milk at Sam's club here is nearly $1 per gallon cheaper than at the grocery store. I'm sure they are still making a good profit, but they are passing something on to the consumer.

Top Bottom