What's new

Drugstore Classics

How many of you use some of the drugstore Classics.

I just love them.

old Spice
Brut
skin bracer
Aqua Velva
English Leather

AndyG

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
How many of you use some of the drugstore Classics.

I just love them.

old Spice
Brut
skin bracer
Aqua Velva
English Leather

AndyG

"Old" Old Spice:thumbup1:
Mennen Skin Bracer:thumbup1:
Been ages since I tried Aqua Velva or English Leather (by Yardley?)
Smelled Brut the other day in a CVS and it's really not bad, but people look at you funny when you mention your wearing it.

pretty much my entire collection of aftershaves and balms are "drugstore"

AV Ice Blue
AV Musk
AV Ice Balm
Skin Bracer Cooling Blue
Flag & Sail Brisk (like reg. Skin Bracer)
Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud LV
Nivea Extra Soothing
British Sterling
Old Spice Smooth Blast

I guess the CO Bigelow stuff I have isn't really "drugstore"

For all the wide variety of A/S splashes I wear, I get the most positive feedback from Aqua Velva Musk

For all the wide variety of A/S splashes I wear, I get the most positive feedback from Aqua Velva Musk

I have AV Ice Blue and Original Sport (green) and love them, so I decided to pick up AV Musk. After a couple shaves with it, I sent it down the drain. Smells cheap and gives me a headache. I don't mind cheap aftershaves, but I guess Musk is conisdered an aftershave and a cologne, so it sticks around longer. And I love Ice Blue so much that I pop the top just to smell it sometimes!

Old Spice AS, vintage and Dollar Store clone
Ice Blue AV
Afta
Clubman Bay Rum

I also use OS cologne, vintage and the new stuff

I've been eyeballing Brut, Skin Bracer and English Leather...any thoughts from you drugstore cowboys?

AV Classic and Musk
Old Spice
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal, Bay Rum, and Clubman
Some other cheapies such as Florida Water, Kananga Water, and Colonia de Rosas

I have three so far

Old Spice clone from the dollar store.
CVS Mennen Afta clone.
Clubman Virgin Islands Bay Rum.

That's it for the drugstore AS.
I also have 4711, Royall Bay Rhum, and C.O. Bigelow AS balm red which has been discontinued.

I use several:

Old Spice
Aqua Velva
Aqua Velva Ice Sport
Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
Adidas Ice Dive
British Sterling EDT

I also have Master Bay Rum (cheap, but I've never seen it at a drugstore). I use the more expensive stuff for special occasions or on weekends and the stuff that I pick up cheap for everyday/work wear.

I'm kind of iffy on Old Spice (regardless of where it's made). I'm trying to love it but I'm not there yet. I think that I'm carrying the psychic scars of working the 11-7 shift long ago with a guy who never bathed in his life but periodically doused himself with Old Spice. He was loathsome and I think that the smelling the scent of OS conjures him back from whatever hell he's roasting in now.

That having been said, I love:

Aqua Velva
Aqua Velva Musk
Brut
Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Pinaud Citrus Musk
Pinaud Eau de Portugal
Osage Rub
English Leather

From outside our local orbit, I also like Cusson's Imperial Leather and Japanese barbershop staples MG5, Valcan, Bravas, Lucido, Eroica and--of course--Mandom.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Aqua Velva Musk (cut with sandalwood/alcohol/water mix) to tone it down
Old Spice
Brut Splash on
Brut Revolution
Osage Rub
Clubman

I am suprised at the number of positive responses I get from Old Spice, AV Ice Blue and Brut. Of course I work around a lot of elderly women:001_rolle

I wish the drug store classic La Toja was readily available on our drugstore shelves here in Canada
{lookin at you Spain or Portugal :wink:}

Gentlemen,

I have not been without Pinaud Clubman and English Leather for a long time. Why break tradition now? Which reminds me: I am starting to run low on both.

Obelit

I've been eyeballing Brut, Skin Bracer and English Leather...any thoughts from you drugstore cowboys?

Never worn English Leather so I can't comment.

Brut is a favorite. I keep a bottle of it at work for an afternoon pick me up.
It along with OS, AV and Clubman gets the most use. As with most "strong" scents, a little goes along way.

Skin Bracer I tried yesterday for the first time. I put it on last night after a shave and wake up this morning still smelling it. Made me a little nauseous actually. So much so that I'm thinking the two bottles I bought might wind up as a PIF.

Yea, I keep a bottle of Old Spice around for when I'm feeling froggy. Pinaud's is my daily AS though.

I used to use Aqua Velva about 15 years ago. I tried smelling it again for the first time at the drugstore the other day and couldn't stand it for some reason. I used to love it! It's strange how our senses change over time.

Inexpensive sounds better than cheap so my inexpensive stuff is:

Pinaud Clubman - my favorite
Barbasol Brisk - refreshing
M&L Florida Water Cologne - never be without it
Vi Jon OS Clone - very nice

Top Bottom