What's new

Mustache/Chin Hair

Hey everyone, Im new to this whole DE shaving thing. Ive got a merkur 33c razor, and I use Proraso cream. for the mostpart Im getting and excellent shave but, for the life of me, I cannot shave my Mustache/Chin at all. I end up cutting myself to bits, and I had to pull out my electric for that area. Ive used merkur,Lord,gillette, Derby blades but they all just drag against the hair and hurts like heck. Is there sharper blades?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B Dave!

Yes there are sharper blades. However, this is something that you will need to try as a sharp blade for me might be dull for you. If you can get your hands on a razor blade sample pack(such as Westcoast shaving), that should do the thrick.

I think that you are probably in your learning curve so do not force it if it doesn't shave properly. Do not apply any pressure and try to keep a 30 degree angle.

Have a look at Mantic videos: http://www.youtube.com/mantic59

Welcome to B&B Dave!

Yes there are sharper blades. However, this is something that you will need to try as a sharp blade for me might be dull for you. If you can get your hands on a razor blade sample pack(such as Westcoast shaving), that should do the thrick.

I think that you are probably in your learning curve so do not force it if it doesn't shave properly. Do not apply any pressure and try to keep a 30 degree angle.

Have a look at Mantic videos: http://www.youtube.com/mantic59

+1 It takes time to get it all down. Stick with it!

I had trouble with my mustache in the beginning. I tried to compensate by adding some pressure but that only got me razor burns. My mustache area is not only the thickest but also the most sensitive.

What I do now is to try not to put any pressure. The first wtg pass often leaves quite a lot of stubble left, but then you just have a second wtg pass.

So normally I do, wtg, wtg, xtg (out>in), xtg (in->out) with no atg pass.

This works for me, you dont have to get a perfect shave with one pass.

/John

Top Bottom