What's new

***EXTENDED! Spirit of the Month CONTEST! - Your Favorite Scotch

Welcome to the B&B Speakeasy Spirit of the Month!

Our selection for August 2009 will be Your Favorite Scotch!

full

Yessir, you read that correctly. This SotM's all about you! To celebrate the one year anniversary of the Spirit of the Month, and the impending launch of the B&B Glencairn Nosing Glass, we're offering a chance for you to review your favorite scotch(es) and possibly win yourself a free pair of glasses!

Here's what you've got to do to get in on the action:

1. Pick a great scotch.
  2. Write up a great review -- tell us why you love that dram! Color, nose, palate, and finish are very important, but don't forget little points of interest, photos, and creativity.
  3. Post your review in the reviews section for liquor and consumables. Check out the other posts there for examples.
  4. Post a link to your review in this thread.
  5. Lather, rinse, repeat as desired. Enter as many times as you like. Only new reviews are eligible for this contest, but it's okay if someone has already reviewed your favorite scotch. Just make sure to post your new review as a reply to the original, and link us to the correct post.
[imga=left]http://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/media/17139/full[/imga]

Reviews will be judged by the mods on descriptiveness, informativeness, and creativity. Price, rarity, and the judges' personal opinions of the whiskys will not be considered. The author of the single best review placed between today and midnight PST on Saturday, August 22nd will receive a pair of the B&B Glencairn Whiskey glasses!

We're looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! In the meantime though, let's raise a glass to B&B and our one-year-old Speakeasy Spirit of the Month club, and maybe even take a moment to sift through our year of past selections on the B&B Wiki!

Cheers!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, those reviews are great and all... but the instructions are pretty easy to follow. You might want to read them again if you'd like an entry.

Guys, this appears it isn't coming across. This contest is only for new reviews and for original B&B material. Thank you.

Here's the link to my review. I said I would take four of the glasses, it would be nice to only have to pay for two!:rolleyes:

For some reason the photo I attached is really, really small. I will try to fix that. Enjoy!

A little over a year ago, I made my way (which my lovely wife) to Pitlochry where Edradour Distillery is located. Edradour is the smallest distillery in all of Scotland. It's production is run by 3 employees and produces in one year what Glenffidich produces in one day!
Because it's all handcrafted in small batches, there's much more quality control. These guys can tell optimal fermentation one batch at a time. They cask condition the scotch in different kinds of Oak casks.
I bought the ten year old to come home with...about $55 US. My wife bought for me the 11 year old Straight From the Cask for me as a present -- about $90 USD. I have savored every finger of it and can't tell you how fantastic the quality of that scotch is. It's smooth...has sherry overtones, smoky flavors, and wonderfully smooth going down. Over the years I've tried dozens of single malts, this is by far the best.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102899

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, we've got several pending submissions it looks like and we were hoping for a bit more participation anyway, so Tim, Bob and I have decided to extend the contest to the end of the month.

In consideration of this, we may be giving out more than 1 prize. Stay tuned...

Thanks NANP! C'mon guys... we're serious this time... just a few more days!! Including shipping these glasses are a $37.50 value! And they could be yours for the price of a good scotch review... why wait? Call now! Operators are standing by...

Hoping to get mine in this evening pending photography, finishing the writeup, and getting a 3 year old down for bed early enough to complete the former.

Alright gents... after a weekend of careful deliberation Tim, I, and the rest of the mod team have selected a winner...

And the worthy recipient of two beautiful B&B Glencairn Nosing Glasses is....

(drumroll please)

:badger::badger::badger:

murchmb!! Congrats Mike!!

PM me your address and I'll make sure your prize is among the first Glencairn Glasses sent out.

...as for the runners-up.... time's running out to order your glasses. If you were waiting for the end of the contest... make sure you get your order in PDQ!!

Top Bottom