What's new

My best razor find ever.

I'm know I'm new here, but I just had to post and brag about what I found at an antique store. I went in looking for razors and accessories, and she didn't have anything out, but a someone had recently dropped off his collection. She produced a bread tin full of razors, most of which she hadn't gotten around to pricing yet. I asked what she wanted for the whole lot. She asked how 100 sounded. I countered with 50 and the sale was made. Here's what I received.

proxy.php

1 fatboy in case
5 slims
10 super speeds, including one red tip and one blue tip
1 knack in case
7 various 3 piece gillettes
2 eversharp schick injectors, with (bakelite?) handles
1 schick krona
5 gem micromatics
1 gem pushbutton
2 gem juniors
4 old gems, one branded ever-ready
2 newer gems that look cheaply made
2 autostrops
1 unidentified single edge razor
1 simplex hone
and a bunch of blades, both SE and DE

Thanks!
There were also 3 straight razors thrown in, but those were in pretty rough shape. Two are restorable but the third is cracked.

I tried one of the slims yesterday. I set the knob to 3 like on my black handled adjustable, and cut myself to pieces. Turns out there was gunk in it, so the knob turned, but nothing else moved, so it was stuck on monstrously aggressive. :blushing: Cleaned that up and it works now so I'll give it another go in a week or so.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Nice score! Even for $100 it would be a nice score!

I tried one of the slims yesterday. I set the knob to 3 like on my black handled adjustable, and cut myself to pieces. Turns out there was gunk in it, so the knob turned, but nothing else moved, so it was stuck on monstrously aggressive. :blushing: Cleaned that up and it works now so I'll give it another go in a week or so.

Brave man using a razor without cleaning it first. :lol:

LOL. It's not that I didn't clean it. This gunk was on the inside, between the handle and that little sleeve that's supposed to move up and down. Had to force it up and down and brush away whatever would come out, rinse repeat.

Heh. I'm still adding to my own collection with those. Especially the krona. Plus, I haven't been a member long enough to use the site to sell on. I'll keep that in mind though, next time I'm out looking.

Wow! :scared::a47: Now, there is no way it happened the way you just said! C,mon, tell the truth. You heaved a boulder through that window in the middle of the night, went in and stole it! You were in & out in less than 5 minutes. By the time Police arrived, you had already decided which one of those adjustable Slims were keepers and which ones to sell on the B/S/T! You left $50 because you felt sorry for what you just did!

:blush::001_rolle:blink: PM sent on the Fat Boy.

I'm not sure about the acronyms used on this board. I assume that PM sent means private message, right?
My messages page has nothing in it but the welcome to badger & blade auto message.

Top Bottom