What's new

Review of my very first safety razor shave

against the grain? preshave oil? preshave cream? hair conditioner?

the last three might soften your beard enough to make shaving easier

hair conditioner.....might soften your beard enough to make shaving easier

+1

I use "Dove Daily Moisture Therapy" hair conditioner with great results as my pre-shave prep. Smear a liberal amount into your wet face. Allow it to sit for 3-5 minutes while you whip up your lather. I have found it to work great.

Be aware, that some conditioner is designed to strengthen hair, rather than soften it, and that style of conditioner is counter-productive to our needs. :thumbup1:

Maybe I'm missing something, but why stay with a blade that gives you lousy shaves?

It could be the blade or it could that his prep isn't good enough. Assuming he can find a better beard softener, and that helps with or solves the problem, he won't be as limited to the types of blades he can use. It may be that a blade that he would have had to pass over because it wasn't sharp enough could have hit the sweet spot for him.

Last edited:
Maybe, or, maybe it's a bad blade. Here's what I'd do: remove the blade and put another blade in the razor, shave with it and see if it gets any better. Blades are relatively cheap, don't most folks have a few extra blades laying around?

Maybe, or, maybe it's a bad blade. Here's what I'd do: remove the blade and put another blade in the razor, shave with it and see if it gets any better. Blades are relatively cheap, don't most folks have a few extra blades laying around?

I am going to try the Personna's and Gillette. If they don't work, I will get the Feathers. I know someone who is in Turkey now, I will ask him he gets me some Derby's there.

People here wanted some close-up photo's of the Lord SR. It is quite solid, probably lasts a life-time.

Here they are:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That razor has a "substantial" look about it. Where are these made?

They are made by "Lord" in Egypt. He has the newer style of this razor with the "Merkur Like Head". This model is quite rare currently in the states.

This razor receives very positive reviews from those who are fortunate enough to have tracked one down. The older style with the "Tech Like Head" is not rated as highly.

I created this razor, by buying a "Lord Tech", and a "Lord Smart", from Shoebox Shave Shop and swapping their handles .

I shaved with it the first time yesterday, and the shave was awesome!!

I have dubbed this razor the "Lord Merkur Tech".

Last edited:
They are made by "Lord" in Egypt. He has the newer style of this razor with the "Merkur Like Head". This model is quite rare currently in the states.

This razor receives very positive reviews from those who are fortunate enough to have tracked one down. The older style with the "Tech Like Head" is not rated as highly.

I created this razor, buying buying a "Lord Tech", and a "Lord Smart", from Shoebox Shave Shop and swapping their handles .

I shaved with it the first time yesterday, and the shave was awesome!!

I have dubbed this razor the "Lord Merkur Tech".

Can someone send a link of a forum or disscusion where this new Lord is positively reviewed?

Can someone send a link of a forum or disscusion where this new Lord is positively reviewed?

Here is the review for it:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=L&t=34663

The newer head reviews, are mixed in with the older, making the rating not as useful.

Mostly I have just seen various people post on the board, that the newer style with the Merkur like head is vastly superior to the older style.

If there was a stateside source selling the one with the newer head, I would be recommending this as the go to razor for all budget minded newbies.

The original poster posted an update on his blade woes here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102175

I don't know about the rest of you, but I refuse to believe that the root of his troubles is the razor blade. In addition to the Lords, he has now found Red Pack IPs to also be totally worthless, and fully dull. :confused::confused:

Can we find a way to help this poor gentleman out, he is having an awful hard time of it. :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom