What's new

Looking for a recommendation...

I currently have a Dovo Silvertip brush. This one, in fact:

proxy.php

I have been using it for about two years now, and I feel that it's time for something completely different (to put it in Python terms).

While I have liked this brush to this point, it feels floppy to me. It's very luxurious, don't get me wrong, but I'd like something with more backbone.

Can anyone recommend to me a new brush that offers me some spine and is not boar or synthetic? I use a mix of different soaps and creams, so I don't need a special brush. Price is an object as well so please, no $300+ super special crazy brushes.

Thanks!

Can anyone recommend to me a new brush that offers me some spine and is not boar or synthetic? I use a mix of different soaps and creams, so I don't need a special brush.
Thanks!

Try a Shavemac with D01 bristles. It definitely has some spine and is not boar or synthetic. I like them so much I own two of them.

A Rooney 1/1 or 3/1 in Super should give you a very different style brush at a reasonable price.

I'm not familier with the Rooney models. I am seeing a lot of Style 1, Style 3, etc. Which ones do you mean, exactly?

What's your budget? I think the Simpson Polo 8 is about the best brush going in its price range.

If you mean the Polo 8 in best, not super, then we're in the right ballpark.

A good boar will be everything you are looking for. Plus they will set you back most likely less than 30 bucks. Any reason you won't consider it?

I suppose I'm just being a badger-snob. I'm not familiar with the Omega stuff, but it seems to be pretty highly regarded.

Top Bottom